Thread: Cc bec add on

RC poster

Cc bec add on

Looking for help!!!!! Put sand/snow tracks on my summit and having steering problems. Installed hi tec 7955 servo and was told to put an external 10 amp cc bec. Without the external bec still doesn't seem to turn that great and when I try to hook up the bec to the rx even after I disconnect the red wire from the esc to rx the ground wire smokes like a short!!!! What the heck is going on? Also without the esc hooked up and I power the rx with the external bec the steering still seems week.

RC Champion
    I know the pictures aren't showing, but maybe you can learn something from his experience! What a headache this was back then!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...roblems-Solved

RC Champion
    how about some pic's of the summit with the tracks on it?

RC poster
    Lol I would but can't figure out how to add a pic!!

RC poster
    With some help I figured out how to wire the 10 amp cc bec, the first thing you need to do is figure out which side of the esc powers the rx, if the red tag is missing plug one battery in and try to power up the esc if it doesn't work try the other one, the side that will keep the esc on is where you want to put your splitter to power the external cc bec, from here all you need to do is pull the red wire out of the harness that comes from the esc and then plug in the cc bec to any port on the rx, I had an extra space because I removed the two steering servos and replaced it with one hi powered one, that's the reason for the cc bec. Hope this helps!

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.