MIPs indestructible?

Not really. Having problems like this, you wonder why there is fuzz about 5mm or 6mm axles while the threaded part is only 4mm. Sad thing is that I lost the FLM screw of the 17mm adapter and was not able to find it in the dark. Not too weird because it's black... Good moment to find a solution which is even more bullit proof.
    Nobody is born with experience

No 4mm or 5mm here:

That part to the top right is 6mm. It makes a difference!

Photo of the same parts:

Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-10-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Yeah, there are better solutions. Tekno has a good one and on the XO-1 the 4mm thread neither is the weakest link.
    Maybe I have to find some wheels with more offset, because I expect the tire rubbing problem will get worse with these two.

Do you own those, ksb? I am interested in the offset compared to the stock situation.
    Last edited by Petertje60; 03-10-2014 at 02:27 PM.

My buddy found the screw of my 17mm adapter and made two flat sides on an old MIP axle, so I can still drive my Pede while I think of which solution to pick. Great to have a handy buddy!

Ordered a set of Maximizers so I can put my Trenchers on those and only have 17mm wheels.

I am just glad my mips have lasted this long with the abuse I dish out to them every time I drive it dude but when they do I am going over to teknos......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

It's kinda weird that the axle broke on that specific spot. Of course the threaded part is the weakest spot, but that doesn't count when you apply force from the driveline.

I pulled the throttle and it went straight ahead, making half a wheelie because the surface was a bit slippery. Not a situation where you would expect the axle to break. If you push it in a corner, then the weak spot gets the most stress.

Maybe most of the most damage was already done in a corner.

Got the Maximizers in the mail today. They look quite beefy. Offset must be enough to use the Trenchers without rubbing issues.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Got the Maximizers in the mail today. They look quite beefy. Offset must be enough to use the Trenchers without rubbing issues.
    Those wheels look great peter! Something different than revolvers. I don't plan on upgrading to 17mm unless I have too, but if I do I like the look of theses wheels. Please let us know if these work out for you...
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    That's gonna be close with that offset.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    That's gonna be close with that offset.
    The offset is larger than it seems on the picture above.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    no tire glue needed? looks great...

just bash and learn baby.....

Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    no tire glue needed? looks great...

Nope. Genuine beadlocks. When my diffs arrive, I will see if they are able to hold the tires in place

RC Qualifier
    never seen a beadlock wheels for basher..... let us know how it will hold up.... its interesting cause you can just swap to diffrent tires

Little update about the Maximizers. They don't work too well together with the Trenchers. It's hard to find out how far to push the bead into the beadlock to get a stable situation. I had a tire pop out a few times now, so I decided to put my cheapo Talonish tires on them. Those fit a lot better. Later today I''ll do some testing with them.

It takes some effort to get the 8 screws in and out, but I can still use the Trenchers with a set of RPM Revolvers without having to remove glue first

Hi Peter how did the testing go with those wheels and tyres combo??...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Hi Peter how did the testing go with those wheels and tyres combo??...peace
    Shortly after I made that post, my son and his gf paid me a visit. I still have to finish a wheel and wait for better weather and time. Lol. But I will post after the test run!

Wheels are holding up great. Those cheapo tires are really good. Sadly on pack #4 the Pede stopped with a blinking ESC with no throttle and no steering and dead motor fan.
    After some research it appeared to be my servo that gave up after 2 years of great service.
    It appears that there is always something to improve. Time to get the servo of the weakest link position.

RC Enthusiast
    Those wheels look sick. I plan on getting trenchers this week for mine but seeing that is making me reconsider the wheels with them. Did you buy them unmounted or did they come like that?

Spektrum makes a metal gear serrvo w more torque then stock for 5$ less then stock plus its water resistant. Or if you wamnt to spend $80 they have the same thing with titamium gears. I got the $42 one and it works great.

I got traxxas steel front and rear driveshafts and they take a serious beating. Traxxas will also hook you upuhhf u run into any issues.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-10-2014 at 10:26 AM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM614 View Post
    Those wheels look sick. I plan on getting trenchers this week for mine but seeing that is making me reconsider the wheels with them. Did you buy them unmounted or did they come like that?

Spektrum makes a metal gear serrvo w more torque then stock for 5$ less then stock plus its water resistant. Or if you wamnt to spend $80 they have the same thing with titamium gears. I got the $42 one and it works great.

I got traxxas steel front and rear driveshafts and they take a serious beating. Traxxas will also hook you upuhhf u run into any issues.
    I would not advise to use the Maximizers with Trenchers. The combo looks awesome but it is a pain to get the Trenchers mounted the right way. To get the very cheap tires mounted (they come unglued), is also not the most easy job, but when you get them in, they can handle quite some abuse, almost don't balloon and don't look to bad at all.