Thread: Upgrades!

RC Racer

Upgrades!

So, last night I installed my dual savox sw0231mg servos, which I spent over two hours getting the proper linkage adjustment until it was absolutely 100% perfect! I also installed the double orange springs in the rear, which eliminated the rear "butt sag" better than I thought! I got one servo extension cable for the servo on the other side to the receiver, which is fine, but I thought that the other servo wouldn't need one, but of course, it does, so I'm gonna have to order one and pay more shipping which will cost like five times as much as the extension itself!
    I know people don't like dual servos, but I think that if you can get the alignment just perfect, they are great (and often cheaper!)!
    What can I do to... I mean WITH my Summit now?...

RC Racer
    I was wondering what you guys think is the best 40 series tire for all round trailing, crawling and bashing?

RC Qualifier

Upgrades!

Quote Originally Posted by GibraltarSummit View Post
    I was wondering what you guys think is the best 40 series tire for all round trailing, crawling and bashing?
    All around best tire for trailing, crawling, and bashing? You will undoubtedly get a number of different answers but let me be the first to say Mudslingers 40 series. They are my best all around tire, and they look mean as heck doing it. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown_Summit View Post
    All around best tire for trailing, crawling, and bashing? You will undoubtedly get a number of different answers but let me be the first to say Mudslingers 40 series. They are my best all around tire, and they look mean as heck doing it. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My vote is with the RC4WD Mudslingers 40 series. Plus, they mount up to the stock rims.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Awww man everyone beat me to this one... mudslingers all the way

Be sure to revisit your servo alignment every so often so you don't burn them out. I found my settings tended to drift over time, which is why I went single.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Ok thanks guys! I was thinking about the MudSlingers but wasn't sure if they were the best! Where is the cheapest place to get them online from the uk?

RC Enthusiast
    To OP: I am just about to do the same upgrade (duel Savox SW-0231MG), any pointers you can give me on setting it up and the extra parts you had to order to get it going? Thanks!
    Summit DeWalt 14.4v
    E-Maxx DeWalt 14.4v 2 Speed