RC Enthusiast

Single servo issue...

Hello Guys...

I just installed in my e-revo a single hitec 7955 with single aluminum arm on the stock tqi receiver in channel 1...

The problem is that the servo does not center properly... If I turns the wheel to the left they return to the center but slightly left... Same goes when I turn to the right... So do you guys have any insight of what could be causing this? Maybe programming?

Thanks!
    JC

RC Qualifier
    Will it center after you pick the wheels up off the ground? How much can you move the tires with the radio on by hand? Might be binding in the steering or play somewhere in the system. I would say that there is play in the servo saver where you replaced the double with a single arm and it is loose in there as it has probably not seated completely or the screws are stripped not letting it hold tight.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have noticed that some aluminum savers have a lot of slop in the "V" where they are supposed to cam against one another... there is supposed to be no slop there.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    If you bought ST racing arm it is just useless now, IT has a ton of slope in V shape. I talked with ST racing(showed them pictures and video) and they are checking it right now. Its either traxxas changed its mold or ST racing arm is not made in line with original ST design.
    Original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbR6pLcqHs
    Stracing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cTzo5JvZuc

difference
    Last edited by Marek_K; 03-03-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Every once in a while a Proline 6037-00 (discontinued) Revo aluminum steering arm comes up for auction on eBay. I use a couple of these and have installed a few more. There isn't a excessive amount of slop with these. Hot Racing makes one that looks just like it, but I'm unsure whether the dimensions are identical. I have no experience with the STRC version.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I can vouch for the Proline 6037-00...

I also have a complete HR dual side system here... no slop with all HR parts and no slop with the HR arm and Traxxas everything else.

The GPM and Integy both have slop.

-- Not sure how I got all of these aluminum steering parts (because I know I didn't buy them), but they are in my spare parts bin!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Thats the problem! I bought an ST racing arm... Guess its useless now...