Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yeah I know that feeling I run my tenshock 3500kv on 3s geared 15-17t pinion and its around the 60 mph mark with untaped trenchers.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Looked at it on the bench while its broke. However, I did order CV rebuild kit for tekno's, 16t, 19t, 21t pinions, a new 54t spur and the front light bar kit from amainhobbies. Now have to wait for the parts. Hopefully by Friday, so I can bash over the weekend...
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Racer
    Now that winter here in mn is pretty much over and the snow is fine for the most part got my pede and my slash 4x4 I got for me and for my dad to use ran them today down and the park with a 2s in the slash Andy 3s in my pede and 3s is so much fun love being able to wheelie at pretty good speed other than I had broken two rear axles since I got my 3s and have to get some teknos! Both very fun trucks to bash!

RC Competitor
    Put the beefier blue springs on today. Kinda beat, since it's totally been raining all day around here. Put the Integy heatsink and fan on earlier. Would be so much more fun reporting on test runs, instead of mundane procedures.

Actually, swapped the fan out with my traxxas fan for the motor, and put the integy on the ESC... since it never really got hot anyway. So, integy fan on the ESC heatsink, and Traxxas fan on the actual motor. Looks really good for now, will DEFINITELY run it through some rigorous "growing pains".

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Yeah I know that feeling I run my tenshock 3500kv on 3s geared 15-17t pinion and its around the 60 mph mark with untaped trenchers.......peace
    Oh pizza cutters at its finest.

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Racer
    finished installing the CC BEC to get my lights back up to a decent power! The Sidewinder ESC I swapped in powered them down vs the Traxxas ESC and I wanted that brightness back .

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quinsdad View Post
    Put the beefier blue springs on today.
    Blue looks sweet. Do you have extra preload spacers on there too? I just added some preload spacers as I was bottoming out. You doing huge air jumps or what? WHat springs and part number are they? Lets us know how they change things for you!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    Blue looks sweet. Do you have extra preload spacers on there too? I just added some preload spacers as I was bottoming out. You doing huge air jumps or what? WHat springs and part number are they? Lets us know how they change things for you!
    Yeah, I added an extra spacer. Just to bring the ride height up a tad. If you're bottoming out, you need heavier shock fluid, or change the piston to one with less holes.

Not doing huge jumps yet. Maybe just 3-4' high. Some back flips. I'm in the process of beefing up my pede, so I'm sure my jumps will get bigger and bigger.

I actually bought these springs by mistake. The +20% progressive springs haven't come in yet. The ones I have in now are for a son uva digger. #3757T and 3758T.

The progressive rate springs are #7448 and 7449.

The +20% springs with 50wt oil all round is a nice setup dude that's what I am running at the moment..m.m...peace

RC Competitor
    Yeah spennie, I'm definitely diggin' the 50wt oil. It handles soo much better. No more bottoming out on the chassis doing jumps either. It's.... plush.

Got 2.8 trenchers and front MIP cvd's on the way... should be here today or tomorrow. Heck yeah!!! It'll be a wheelie monster with those trenchers. Got a 70C 3s battery from SMC on the way too. My weekend is gonna rock!!

Sounds like you got it all sewn up for the weekend dude.my buddy and I have a bash session planned for Saturday monster trucks and quad choppers........peace

RC Competitor
    Yep, just got a text from FedEx... trenchers and shafts delivered. Woo!! Too bad I don't have my 3s battery yet... or my T bone racing wheelie bar. No biggie, I'll still have a blast bashing around with my boys and their Gravedigger and Telluride.

Have fun Saturday... monster trucks and copters, sounds like my kinda weekend! Enjoy!

Thanks man and have an awesome time with the boys my boy is three in December so he will be getting his first rc.........peace

RC Qualifier
    Mine is 2 and she already has a 1/18 scale rc

RC poster
    quinsdad, I def dig all the blue. Very nice.

RC Qualifier
    Got a pile of parts on my truggapede today. RPM rod ends, new RPM front shock tower to replace the stripped out one, new 1/8 JConcepts Finnisher wing and all the decals, found i needed a front shock rebuild, glued up some Hot bodies beams for the track later this week and just got alot of tunning in place. Cant wait to finally get the new servo next

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AH387 View Post
    quinsdad, I def dig all the blue. Very nice.
    Thanks man, I dig it too

Well, after a few runs on 2s with the trenchers on, it's apparent that the velineon motor just doesn't like all of that extra grip. It gets way too hot... even with a heatsink and fan on it.

So...... I ordered the castle 2400kv combo with the MMP. Should be here by Friday.

Now I need to stay off of these forms, so I'll stop buying stuff

RC Qualifier

Now I need to stay off of these forms, so I'll stop buying stuff
    forums? I know what you mean by that! I have had the bug for a year now and still buying stuff. Just order an AMR wrap for the raptor body. Have seen others and figured why not. Its about the same cost as a few cans of paint. Will have to post some pics when its installed...

RC Racer
    Sweet - got my MIPs today. Now I can get 4WD back!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    forums? I know what you mean by that! I have had the bug for a year now and still buying stuff. Just order an AMR wrap for the raptor body. Have seen others and figured why not. Its about the same cost as a few cans of paint. Will have to post some pics when its installed...
    Forums, yep... typo It's like almost every time after browsing the forums, I'm suddenly a couple hundred bucks poorer... then a couple days later, a bunch of boxes show up on my doorstep.

I've seen a couple of those wraps too, not too bad. Definitely post it up when you get it.

RC Qualifier
    Drove it again yesterday and the splined center shaft end came loose from the slipper AGAIN!!! I've loctited that thing all the time and it's always coming loose. Anyone else ever have that problem? I'm about to buy the big bone outdrives and see if they stay on because the Traxxas ones do not. I've had the shaft for a few months now and needed an excuse to get te outdrives anyways.

RC Qualifier
    Lol wish I could spend more money on the pede !! Got to many bills lol

RC Competitor
    My problem has been the grub screw coming loose from the pinion on the motor. Ive changed it out a few times with no problems w/o loctite. Guess im going to have to loctite it down.

Is there a video/writeup on taping tires?

RC Qualifier
    There's. Bunch on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/-BO-dfYz4Rw

RC Champion
    Installed the titanium nitride coated shafts today and some 50wt oil. All stock shafts were somehow bent.

Also two screws that hold the shocks to the a-arms were bent a litte.

One HPI pin at rear MIP / Diffout broke. Now I understand why MIP switched to grub screws.

RC Qualifier
    Where did u buy them ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Where did u buy them ?
    traxxas shop europe since i live there. i also bought 2 rebuild kits to replace the o-rings and gakets

Well put my new trenchers on the Wednesday and within 10 minutes I stripped the spur so ordered two and they came today so after work fixed it up and tested it in the street so all ready for a monster bash tomorrow with friends oh yeah......peace

RC Qualifier
    Spennie. Hope you have a blast with you bash!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Fixed it and ran it. Nothing broke today...
    Will be installing lights up front. Kind of disappointed with the lights. No lens covers? Hopefully they hold up to bashing. Also need to changing spur back to 54t and trying different pinion sizes. But first, might have to go the school parking lot and try a few speed runs geared 21/52 and check speed with gps...

RC Competitor
    Ran 3s for the first time today. Holy crap. That was freakin' awesome.

And that's on the stock VXL setup... I'll be running the Castle 2400 by Sunday, I hope. (arrived today, need to complete the honey do list and fix the slipper on my oldest's Telluride before I can install)

Giggity giggity giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    Spennie. Hope you have a blast with you bash!
    Thanks bro the weather forecast this weekend is perfect so game on And hirschowl I am looking forward to seeing your speed run results
    Dude.............peace

RC Qualifier
    Took the pede out for a walk ! Esc got alittle hot need to get a fan. Want moar speed tho

RC Qualifier
    Ran 3s for the first time today. Holy crap. That was freakin' awesome.

And that's on the stock VXL setup... I'll be running the Castle 2400 by Sunday, I hope. (arrived today, need to complete the honey do list and fix the slipper on my oldest's Telluride before I can install)

Giggity giggity giggity.
    3s is incredible. Im running stock velineon and im not sure why you would need to upgrade to a more powerful setup. Any faster and i think it would take flight. But when i do i think im goin with spennies setup. I ran 2s on the speed course at lhs last weekend and that was very challenging. Hopefully ill have time to get it out on 3s this weekend on that course. I think it will be hard to keep it from flying off into the weeds around course. Might get myself into a Quagmire!!

RC Qualifier
    Most people upgrade the velineon systems because of heat and failure. The larger systems do not overheat and break as often.

^^True words and most of us do it because we are power and speed junkies.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Ran the snot out of mine. Running 14/54 with 3s 25c Lipo with Hobbywing 120a ESC with Tenshock SC401 v2 3800 KV motor. STUPID FAST!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Competitor
    I had mine about 10 feet high a couple times. Massive air. One tiem it came down perfectly upside down. The body isnt holding up to well

Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    Ran the snot out of mine. Running 14/54 with 3s 25c Lipo with Hobbywing 120a ESC with Tenshock SC401 v2 3800 KV motor. STUPID FAST!
    Same here bro awesome day of carnage and my max temp was 167f on grass doing heavy speed runs and using the brakes like my life depended on it you should try a 11t-12t pinion dude and see what your temps are like.........peace

RC Qualifier
    Well, tried the speed runs with the gps. Geared at 21/52 with a venom 3s 20c battery (which is giving me problems, will overcharge, not balance and also become unbalanced after lvc cuts in, waiting on SPC stock) Also the gps is older model and is just randomly shutting off, so who knows if this is the top speed. I did a few runs and checked it. It was shut off. Turned back on and still had top speed recorded at 46.8mph. Tried it again and got 49.6mph. Might have gone faster, but gps was off again.

Also later in day, tekno dogbone came out in backyard. Lost pin again but still have barrel. Still curious how it popped out. The stub axle was still in the inner bearing the whole way. I was super lucky and found it! Put another pin in and it ran another 2 packs through it and it seemed ok. Really overall disappointted with the teknos. I know everyone loves them but not having very good luck with them.