Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Bought and installed my new Sidewinder 8th system in my truggapede. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow morning

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by K Money View Post

Bought and installed my new Sidewinder 8th system in my truggapede. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow morning
    that powersystem is huge dude.

RC Qualifier
    That esc is huge!!! Wow.

Replaced front diff housing and diff cup. Look how the ring gear ate itself a way thought the diff housing:

Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Replaced front diff housing and diff cup. Look how the ring gear ate itself a way thought the diff housing:

nice job dude. you can also post that in the thread what did you break today.

Now that's wear and tear peter.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Just finished putting the last Trencher on the Maximizer wheel, so time for some test driving tomorrow.
    Quite a bit more heavy than the cheapo Talonish tires on the HP Warlocks, but we will see how that works.
    Luckily there is no rubbing anymore. It's a lot wider now. I'll make some pics tomorrow.

RC Champion
    Hey guys,
    so it it possible to put the stock talons on 17mm RPM 3.2 Revolver stable maxx rims?

I still have the stock tires on the stripped 12mm stock rims and I could reuse them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Hey guys,
    so it it possible to put the stock talons on 17mm RPM 3.2 Revolver stable maxx rims?

I still have the stock tires on the stripped 12mm stock rims and I could reuse them.
    Better tires are a must for performance. If you cant get power to the ground it doesnt matter how much you have. If you are going to spend the time and money i'd get something better.

RC Qualifier
    When I strip my hexes I'll put my trenchers on 3.2 revolvers

RC Champion
    This was not my question guys!

I already have a set of trenchers on 3.2 revolvers but sometime eg. on grass little less grip is better so again the same question:

Is it possible to put the stock talons on 17mm RPM 3.2 Revolver stable maxx rims?

RC Qualifier
    Took the P4de and the scx-10 to a gravel pit area at our local state park. Lots of open loose gravel, packed sand and mounds of un-washed gravel, perfect for launching off of. Standing on the top of the mound, you had great views of a perfect circle track with long sweeping turns, perfect for drifting turns. The power and torque of the 1415 cc 2400kv is unreal. A good mix of take off speed and top speed geared at 14/52 on 3s. The trenchers are just starting to balloon at top speed. I think that will be a good mix for my typical bash spot which doesn't include lots of high speed. Temps did really well, but pretty cold outside still. Didn't even get too hot to hold fingers on motor. Just ordered some FastEddy bearing for the p4de for a fresh set. http://www.fasteddybearings.com/trax...d-bearing-kit/

I glad spring is here and more time to bash!!!!
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier

I already have a set of trenchers on 3.2 revolvers but sometime eg. on grass little less grip is better so again the same question:

Is it possible to put the stock talons on 17mm RPM 3.2 Revolver stable maxx rims?
    If you can stretch 2.8 trenchers i dont see why you wouldnt be able to do it to the talons. There is less meat to them so might be alittle harder. I think your best bet for a true answer is to just try it and see if they will stretch over it. But in theory sure.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Took the P4de and the scx-10 to a gravel pit area at our local state park. Lots of open loose gravel, packed sand and mounds of un-washed gravel, perfect for launching off of. Standing on the top of the mound, you had great views of a perfect circle track with long sweeping turns, perfect for drifting turns. The power and torque of the 1415 cc 2400kv is unreal. A good mix of take off speed and top speed geared at 14/52 on 3s. The trenchers are just starting to balloon at top speed. I think that will be a good mix for my typical bash spot which doesn't include lots of high speed. Temps did really well, but pretty cold outside still. Didn't even get too hot to hold fingers on motor. Just ordered some FastEddy bearing for the p4de for a fresh set. http://www.fasteddybearings.com/trax...d-bearing-kit/

I glad spring is here and more time to bash!!!!
    Nice dude! True the Castle 1415 is a true torque monster.

Quote Originally Posted by K Money View Post
    If you can stretch 2.8 trenchers i dont see why you wouldnt be able to do it to the talons. There is less meat to them so might be alittle harder. I think your best bet for a true answer is to just try it and see if they will stretch over it. But in theory sure.
    But I don't want to buy the rims just to find out that it is not gonna work

The 2.8 trencher and 3.2 revolvers is a well proven combo.

Battery is on the charger. Quite curious how it will run with the new front diff and Maximizers.

Edit:
    Fiddled around a bit in front of the house. The Trenchers balloon way less than on Desperado wheels, that is an advantage. That also means the grip is immense. With my other wheel set it has good grip on pavement too, but with those a can manage to get it in a drift. With the Trenchers that is quite impossible.

Maximizers held up great, until I did a backflip where a rear tire partly popped out. I checked the wheel and found out that was the one I was not sure of if it was tightened enough. The tire is still in one piece, so that is an easy fix.
    On the other weels the tires are in the same place where I put them.

So far pretty happy.
    Last edited by Petertje60; 04-04-2014 at 02:52 AM.

RC Champion
    Battery is on the charger. Quite curious how it will run with the new front diff and Maximizers.

Edit:
    Fiddled around a bit in front of the house. The Trenchers balloon way less than on Desperado wheels, that is an advantage. That also means the grip is immense. With my other wheel set it has good grip on pavement too, but with those a can manage to get it in a drift. With the Trenchers that is quite impossible.

Maximizers held up great, until I did a backflip where a rear tire partly popped out. I checked the wheel and found out that was the one I was not sure of if it was tightened enough. The tire is still in one piece, so that is an easy fix.

So far pretty happy.
    Your Stampede looks really good and aggressive. Nice!!!!

Peter thats one mean looking truck and those wheels are sick dude ....peace

RC Qualifier
    @peter....nice rims dude!

RC Champion
    Today I took my brushless system (Castle 1415 / WPSC8) out of my stampede 4x4 and put it in my Summit for some sweet 4s bashing. Had an awesome time.

This motor has no problems moving around the summit pretty fast and strong with temps just around 130 - amazing!

Hope the replacement parts for my stampede will arrive soon

Last edited by soundmaster; 04-04-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Your Stampede looks really good and aggressive. Nice!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Peter thats one mean looking truck and those wheels are sick dude ....peace
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    @peter....nice rims dude!
    Thanks guys. It drives just like how it looks. Kinda aggressive. Lol.

RC Qualifier
    Nice pede peter. Also I've heard a lot of horror stories when making the summit brushless. Good luck !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Nice pede peter. Also I've heard a lot of horror stories when making the summit brushless. Good luck !
    Forget the horror stories. This is the wrong thread though, but the summit can take a mild 1/8 BL system on 4s with no issues. As always a good slipper setting and appropiate driving style is required. I already broke one driveshaft a couple of month ago with the same BL System on grass, but slipper was set too tight. Now it is working fine. I will be upgrading to a sensored system asap, because this combo will go back into my stampede 4x4 as soon as the new slipper shaft arrives.

People put a mamba monster in the Summit and bash it like it was stolen. Shure you will break parts then. And the Summit really doesn't like big jumps
    Last edited by soundmaster; 04-04-2014 at 12:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Lol got ya man. There goodlookin trucks I know that

RC Racer
    I got the ESC installed and calibrated w/o a pinion installed. when i apply throttle, LED is green. When i brake the LED is red. no problem right? well after I got the pinion installed everything was reverse, i.e. throttle went reverse and break went forward. So i switched 2 wires from the motor to ESC and I just did my first run with the new MMP/1410 on 12T w/storage charged 2s lipo and all i can say is Wow!! This thing is now WAY FASTER than the VXL setup. glad i went this route.
    Last edited by HKSJoo; 04-04-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Competitor
    it rained

RC Qualifier

Stock talons fit on stable maxx wheels. I mocked one up waiting for my trenchers to show up. You'll have to trim it like the trencher, but it fits just fine.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    Stock talons fit on stable maxx wheels. I mocked one up waiting for my trenchers to show up. You'll have to trim it like the trencher, but it fits just fine.
    Thanks dude!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    I swapped out my slipper clutch with an e-revo one, installed the blue aluminum bearing adapter, and blue aluminum shock caps. Also changed the oil in the ultra shocks to 50w.

Time for some test runs!!

RC Qualifier
    Looks good man

RC Competitor

Edit:

So far pretty happy.
    Those wheels you got, what offset did you get?
    Traxxas Stampede VXL 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by troyhebert View Post
    Those wheels you got, what offset did you get?
    I got these: http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...hex_P67012.cfm

sent from my Acer S500 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    today was a big upgrade day. installed my MIP alumimum race duty axles in the front of my p4de. already have steel x-duty in the rear. Also, installed an STRC alumimum motor mount, taped & glued up a set of Sand Paws on an extra set of black chrome traxxas wheels. cleaned up a few bearings. and started preping my jconcepts chassis cover for paint.

Waiting on a set of bocca bearings and aluminum rear carriers, and front c-hubs and knuckles and sway bars to arrive in the mail.

RC Qualifier
    Went to local park to bash with my neighbor and his kid. Jumping the pede hard no breaks! Temps were good also I'll try to post video

RC Competitor
    I'm really diggin' 50wt in the shocks. It jumps so much better, and handling is way better too. Also, the clutch upgrade "feels" smoother, though this could be placebo.

I lowered my body today, and did away with the body clips. I drilled larger holes in the body mounts to accept some #10-32 x " grub screws. Stuck some square nuts I had laying around, underneath, as jam nuts.

RC Qualifier
    Did couple speed passes. 58mph 21/86 gears on 3s SPC pack.

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

Nice speed run dude I bet it's a handful at that speed.......peace

Made a mount for my Mobius cam. Sadly it just started to rain, so no testing anymore today....

RC Competitor
    Made a mount for my Mobius cam. Sadly it just started to rain, so no testing anymore today...
    I've got the same camera and I found that when I mounted it where you have it, it was pointed too much towards the ground and my resulting video did not have a good enough vertical view for my liking. When it stops raining you'll have to try it out and see what results you have. I'm thinking about a mount that connects to the front shock tower for mine, that way I can get the camera level and I may be able to avoid damage to the camera if I flip...
    p4de
    LaTrax Rally
    Stampede 2x4
    T-Maxx 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by affinityofmist View Post
    I've got the same camera and I found that when I mounted it where you have it, it was pointed too much towards the ground and my resulting video did not have a good enough vertical view for my liking. When it stops raining you'll have to try it out and see what results you have. I'm thinking about a mount that connects to the front shock tower for mine, that way I can get the camera level and I may be able to avoid damage to the camera if I flip...
    I already did some dry testing and came to the same conclusion. I made a second smaller hole and put a screw through that to be able to fine tune the angle.
    Thanks for sharing anyhow!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Nice speed run dude I bet it's a handful at that speed.......peace
    Thanks. Yup Its pretty sketchy lol. I've actually lost control once it was pretty scary Lol.

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>