Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

What did you do with your pede today?

If you want to tell your awesome stampede adventures this is the place! Maybe u just cleaned it or went out for a bash, new upgrades ? Tires? Post here! I'd love to hear about it! Might be a sticky thread one day.

I'll go first I'm going do some light bashing in the back yard today and some jumps I have a old plastic ramp from walmart. Gonna post some action shots later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I have two p4des. I took my P4de extended chassis out yesterday and rans some 3s through with the new gearing and love the torque and how easily it wheelies now. My "rustler 4x4" pede i improved front end travel and raise the whole truck up to sit level. Played with the suspension alot but love the long travel look and feel while driving great improvement

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    Awesome man I'd like to see those pedes ! Can't really work on mine right now dislocated my shoulder but I can drive it. Lol how was ur temps on the 3s ?

RC Qualifier

What did you do with your pede today?

Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Awesome man I'd like to see those pedes ! Can't really work on mine right now dislocated my shoulder but I can drive it. Lol how was ur temps on the 3s ?

Well both run castle sct 3800 systems and right now its like 10 degrees so temps arent really a concern here lol heres some of my rusty 4x4 from this mornings short session. Did plow flips

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    Nice man. Got some pics from earlier

RC Racer
    went out to a gravel area, and messed around some. Seen some others there with trucks too, I guess its a popular area for RC's. Before I went home, I stopped by Sears for some tools and ended up buying a small tool box for the Stampede. Then went to Home Depot and bought some drywall tape and paint sticks. After all that, I went to the LHS and bought Shoe Goo and metric hex tools. Came home and cleaned the truck, did the drywall tape mod, installed king Headz motor mount, and rotated the Motor 45*.

While it was apart, I adjusted the slipper clutch but not sure if I did it the right way. I held the spur gear in my hand, and tightened the slipper clutch spring all the way down. Then i backed it off 1/2 from full lock. Is that the correct procedure to adjust the clutch?

Also had to set the mesh on the gears, I cut a small strip of notebook paper and slid in into the gears. Then I pressed on the motor mount and tightened the motor mount plate screw. turned the tires to get the paper outta the mesh and reinserted a new piece of paper to check the mesh. Does that sound about right for the mesh and slipper?
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC poster
    Today with my pede 4x4 I raced with a Buddy who has a hpi vorza on a homemade track. Plus we built some more jumps on it! And already sent the rear shock towers through my 2 day old proline body

RC Qualifier
    This is cool.....glad I found this thread. My p4de has been down after robbing the MMP esc for my wraith. Been itching to get it running again. So today I removed the castle 2400. I know that sounds like crazy talk but I'm tired of all that torque lol. Seriously I just want some chill speed. I grabbed the stock velinion motor and esc and disassembled the motor to clean bearings. Very limited use on stock motor and esc before pulling them for castle equipment. Bearings cleaned up well and I'm happy to report it's all reinstalled and running again. Test drove it earlier and all systems were a go.used stock 54 spur and 11 tooth pinion. Going to TRY and keep it on 2s lipo. I plan on launching it off my ramp and enjoying all the fun it brings.

RC Champion
    I had fun in the snow. It appears to be running cool enough.
    The snow is about 3-4 inches deep. The trick is not to stop. :thumbsup:
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/jm...tml?sort=3&o=1
    http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/jm...tml?sort=3&o=0

Dyed the chassis, lowered the body, and filled the front diff with 50 and the rear with 30 weight diff oil, can't wait to try it all out.
    Last edited by traxxmaxxoregon; 03-03-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: pics

I have no pictures but me and my friend went basing and I have seriously battered my proline 1950s shell pretty bad but some extra shoe goo and drywall tape and it's ready to fight another day.......peace
    Last edited by spenniepoos; 03-03-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    Looked at it on the table before I went to work. (Need to upgrade driveshafts)

RC Qualifier
    Hello again forum members. Just ran and jumped my p4de for a few minutes. Very happy with its performance. Its so much easier to control in air while jumping. Don't get me wrong the castle 2400 motor was great!! Its was just so hard to correct it in the air before landing jumps. It would over correct. Even after adjusting power curves and punch control. Did a quick GPS speed run and I got 30 mph. That's stock gearing and 2s lipo. Glad to have my old friend running again.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Nice stories guys keep them up ! Love hearing about them! There's some sexy pedes around here ! Mine will be when I get some money !

RC Qualifier
    Yesterday I changed oil in rear shocks. The return was too slow. I believe I was running 50 weight so I drained and replaced with 35 weight. Seems to be better and faster rebound. I struggle with tuning especially shocks lol. I will say this these ten t shocks hold a tune. No leaking, binding or damage after using them for over a year. I really want to bring this RC to the local bmx jumps in town. Haven't had much luck there in the past with this RC due to the motor/ESC I previously had in it. I struggled correcting it in air for landing jumps. Oh I also disassembled the futaba receiver and waterproofed it with konform spray coating. I don't use to cover on the stock traxxas receiver box. Other than that.....oh, I do want another body for it. The camaro body on it was bought for our lbs parking lot races. Its very thin and cant take much abuse lol. I did use drywall tape but ran out of shoogoo so used white silicone. My choice for next body will either be a parma grave digger or pro line Chevy c10 truck body. I am very simple minded when it comes to body's. They don't have to be flashy or have the most tricked out paint job for me. Only requirement is to hold together lol. More updates to come....take care.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Last night switched trucks and took my "4x4 rustler" to work today. The front end i modified to make it long travel and i've really like it so far. Lands jumps so smooth and gets over bumps much better. Might need a sway kit now though haha

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    Just got my aluminum shock caps and bearing adapter in the mail today ! Gonna put them on when I can move my left arm lol

RC Competitor
    Took mine out for the first bashing. love the 4x4 on it. it tore through snow like nothing and took the gravel piles amazingly. I launched it off a couple of the piles. flipped it once. no clue how as it was on the backside of a pile. the other i launched off from had it about 6 feet in the air. i landed it and it kept going like crazy. only issue i have is the battery only last about 10 minutes. such a buzz kill when it dies off.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah man I run a venom 8000mah 2s lipo so I get plenty run time

RC Racer
    looked at mine on the shelf sitting while the motor and ESC are off the Traxxas and the Castle 3800 and SCT race toward me in the mail....would rather have posted I was bashing in the snow but that's gonna be a few more days .

RC poster
    My 2wd drive has broken a lot from caster blocks to bumper lol. Now yesterday I was bashing and it landed kind of hard and the thing the hols the suspension arm to the chassis broke and I hot glued it for now, but it isn't holding very well and I'm not sure what to replace and if I will have to get a hole new gearbox cause I think that is what it is connected to. Any tips would be great thanks!

RC Racer
    Ordered the Hot Racing motor plate heat sink.

went out bashing and bent the 2 screws on the front a arms that hold the lower shock mount and shock guard. luckily those screws were $2.50 for 6 of them.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier

Had an owie today. Was running great around the fresh groomed track(snow track) and came up short on the big double...guess i'll have to suck up and put the rpm bumper on. I was hoping to keep the "racey" look :/

Just my 2 cents

The rpm front bumper will save you from damage like that dude......peace

RC Qualifier
    Yea i have one on my other pede and i've never had this. I just liked the look better haha the worst part was it was such a lame crash and did so much damage.

Just my 2 cents

Maybe go for the T bone racing front bumper both are tough dude......peace

RC Competitor
    I had my 4x4 vxl on the pavement for the first time. Before this i had it running on snow. Im actually kinda intimidated by its power. It might sound stupid but only really supped up trucks had that speed/power when i was in the hobby before. I can say i loved its wheelies it popped. I only had one real issue. When I started full throttle after a point it would squat and one wheel would come off the ground. When it did this it would just start to spin basically in circles uncontrollably. Can anyone explain as to why it did this.

RC Qualifier
    Put some traxxas aluminum shock caps on! Saving the bearing adapter project til I'm done with shoulder therapy. Did some light bashing with the kid and his dad down the street.

RC Qualifier
    Today I made a trip to local bmx jumps. The city actually owns the land and it's next to the dog park. The jumps are carpeted. I was by myself so no video. I did have a great time. I ran one 5300 2s lipo. I tackled the largest jump and launched it at least 15 times. No breakage.....just some long carpet fibers stuck in rear wheels. When I got home I charged up a 3s lipo and wow! I forgot how awesome this Rc is on 3s. Might have to make a trip back to jumps tomorrow with 3s lipo lol. Oh, I also ran the dog till his tung was dragging the ground. This makes my wife happy since it's the only exercise the dog gets......+1 for me and my Rc lol..

RC Qualifier
    Did some bashing today was about 65 outside. One of my tires came unglued on the inside but it was fun ! Charged my battery on the right amps this time got some wheelies . Fun day

RC Qualifier
    Ran my p4de and the dog today 4 times. Put 3 3s lipo packs through it. I noticed the temps on velinion was 160 deg at one point today. I was running through grass. Went ahead and dropped pinion size from 11 to 9. Been having the 9 but never installed it. Temps dropped to around 140 but esc was at 150. Got 4 Rc loaded in truck for a trip to bmx jumps. My crawler is one of them. Not sure how much fun the crawler will be after launching other rcs lol. Oh I installed my badlands on the p4de. Will let you guys know how it went.

RC Qualifier
    How long did you run 3s on the 9t? How hot was it? Just trying to see if I want a 3s if it's worth it

3s is worth it just make sure your drive train is ready for the extra power.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Oh okay thanks !

Ran it again today in about 60 outside. Highest temp around 120. Battery lasted atleast 45 mins. Nothing broke yet !

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: merge

That's sounds like a good clean bash session there dude........peace

RC Qualifier
    Yeah pretty nice jumped it on a old plastic skate board they use to sell at walmart !

Are you on about the ramps if so are they any good because they are on sale at my local toys r us......peace

RC Qualifier
    I have one like this http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com

Sweet man that's the sort of ramp I want to pick up before the sale endsthanks.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Np it does really good u get some nice air. I love how the pede is in the air my 2wd slash was a pain