Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 79 of 79
  1. #41
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    What are you doing to make sure that both motors will run on a timely manner. I am just curious, this is one great set up.
    Live life to the fullest

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    What are you doing to make sure that both motors will run on a timely manner. I am just curious, this is one great set up.
    Thanks, I've read about 5 different threads about V-twin setups in revos and emaxxs (dual vxl). Some say when running two different ESC's you don't need to match the motors up as they well be fine since there are two ESC's. Then some people say you don need to match the poles up even if you are using two ESC's. I don't know which, however I'm not going to match them up because I don't know how, if I have problems then I will try to match the poles up. I am also using a "unslow" battery harness. its a parallel circuit so both esc's will get power from both batteries, this way one will got into lVD before the other. This is my first electric rc so my knowledge with electrics is still very infant, but I'm learning
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  3. #43
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    173
    This is going to be a super beast....I just recently switched from 6800kv 2 pole to a 4100kv 4 pole on 3s lipo and 14 tooth pinion. The Teton does standing backflips with this setup, and runs cool...the only downside is I broke 2 driveshafts already
    I ordered 4 sets until the metal ones come out... By the way the team associated shocks are great, I re used the Teton springs though. The ones that came with them are too soft. Good luck with that beast, I want to see videos..lol

  4. #44
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipo-power-please1582 View Post
    This is going to be a super beast....I just recently switched from 6800kv 2 pole to a 4100kv 4 pole on 3s lipo and 14 tooth pinion. The Teton does standing backflips with this setup, and runs cool...the only downside is I broke 2 driveshafts already
    I ordered 4 sets until the metal ones come out... By the way the team associated shocks are great, I re used the Teton springs though. The ones that came with them are too soft. Good luck with that beast, I want to see videos..lol
    The ALuminum driveshafts are up for pre-order? if so, where?

  5. #45
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    The ALuminum driveshafts are up for pre-order? if so, where?
    I don't think so
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  6. #46
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxin View Post
    I don't think so
    yea I read his post wrong lol I thought he said he "ordered the metal driveshafts"

  7. #47
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    I didn't leave that banana shaped plate for the motor mount in and since the mamba motor is smaller it leaves a hole for dirt and debris to jump inside the pinion and spur gear. I think I'm going to mod that little plate.
    Here's the hole I have

    Are you worried about this hole? I am :P

  8. #48
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipo-power-please1582 View Post
    This is going to be a super beast....I just recently switched from 6800kv 2 pole to a 4100kv 4 pole on 3s lipo and 14 tooth pinion. The Teton does standing backflips with this setup, and runs cool...the only downside is I broke 2 driveshafts already
    I ordered 4 sets until the metal ones come out... By the way the team associated shocks are great, I re used the Teton springs though. The ones that came with them are too soft. Good luck with that beast, I want to see videos..lol
    I used the stock springs on the rear and new ones on the front. You just gotta pull them so the are longer. I've busted 3 shafts already and am waiting for more stock ones. Bit that's sweet yours does standing back flips! I never got a chance to run mine on 3s
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  9. #49
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by jackislost View Post
    I didn't leave that banana shaped plate for the motor mount in and since the mamba motor is smaller it leaves a hole for dirt and debris to jump inside the pinion and spur gear. I think I'm going to mod that little plate.
    Here's the hole I have
    Are you worried about this hole? I am :P
    I just noticed that on mine. You could use some silicone, that would work fine.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  10. #50
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Turns out ive had the parts for 2 days! My mom forgot to tell me she put the packages in the basement and I just happened to see them a hour ago, anyways I got my ne drivshafts and pinions on! Waiting for my last lipo to charge and then a test run!!
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    First test run was a major fail. I thought the second motors pinion had good mesh but once it gets power it starts free spinning. Also the spur is hitting something. Its fine though, I wasn't expecting it to be perfect on the first run. Ill have the video in the morning
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  12. #52
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    Have you ever thought about eliminating the center drive shaft and putting a motor in front and one motor in back? That way one motor drives both front wheels and one motor drives the rear wheels. Sounds easier and looks like the steering won't be affected. But I didn't tear down my front bulk before so I don't know if it's similar to the rear.

  13. #53
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    But then again... It won't be a wheelie machine...

  14. #54
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    I never thought about it. It could be done. But I'm just gonna keep it at this setup. Just gotta work the few bugs out of it. Biggest problem was the second motor not engaging in the spur and the sour hitting the mount. I'll fix them tonight once if work. Trying to upload the video but it's taking forever
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  15. #55
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Update, this project is going to be hold. Ill get a good video up this later this week. I tried to video tonight but you cant see it cuz its dark. I broke 2 stock shafts in 30 seconds of driving. I've stripped one spur. But for the time it did run it was crazy. Good top speed and it just pulls the wheels super easy. Though from a stand still its just spinning the rim inside the tire. Need glue. I just got to wait for the aluminum shafts. The motors seem to be running fine and in sync. but I haven't driven it enough to know hot its going to get. I may order the losi motor everyone is talking about so I can play around with it till the shafts come out, Its just not any fun snapping shafts so quickly
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  16. #56
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Here's a vid. Longest it's run without breaking a axle.
    Last edited by duramaxin; 03-11-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  17. #57
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    wow, that is some power.
    imagine an 1/10 set up the same way
    nice result
    Live life to the fullest

  18. #58
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    173
    Man that thing is insane! You should drop in some mamba 8000kv motors for some crazy speed runs...lol

  19. #59
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    161
    Hahaha, freakin sweet!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #60
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    185
    WOW! Well done, well done!

  21. #61
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    wow, that is some power.
    imagine an 1/10 set up the same way
    nice result
    Thanks I appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipo-power-please1582 View Post
    Man that thing is insane! You should drop in some mamba 8000kv motors for some crazy speed runs...lol
    Haha, maybe ill try that next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
    Hahaha, freakin sweet!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikRALLY View Post
    WOW! Well done, well done!
    Thank you!


    Still I have couple other videos to upload. all were filmed by me while I was dring so they arnt the best videos or driving ha. Im thinking about ordering another 3s and try it on that. Its a fun rc. ITS NOT FUN SNAPPPING SHAFTS THOUGH. Also the second ESc is held down with electrical tape as are the batteries haha. Need a better system to hold everything down. Just ran it again , I didn't run it to hard cuz I wanted to run for about 20 minutes with out snapping a shaft, Success, I couldn't find my temp gun but I could hold my fingers on both motors for about 5 seconds before I felt any hotness so I suppose its not getting to hot.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  22. #62
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oxford, MS.
    Posts
    26
    Loved the video, Great idea to do this mod.

  23. #63
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    Do you plan to get bigger wheels and tires since the truck is so easily tossed around now? I think I need bigger wheels and tires on mine

  24. #64
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredfly View Post
    Loved the video, Great idea to do this mod.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackislost View Post
    Do you plan to get bigger wheels and tires since the truck is so easily tossed around now? I think I need bigger wheels and tires on mine
    I haven't thought about it. It would be a good idea though but from what I've seen here on the forum all the new tires guys have tried are to big and it won't turn. So idk which ones would work
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  25. #65
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qf1ATTZ...ture=c4-feed-u.
    It won't let put the video up directly just the link. Idk why it won't do it, I guess you can't on a phone
    Last edited by duramaxin; 03-12-2014 at 02:48 PM.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  26. #66
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    93
    Watching your videos just gave me 'ear to ear' grins. Awesome work dude. Mine is finally coming today! I can't wait!

  27. #67
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrics14 View Post
    Watching your videos just gave me 'ear to ear' grins. Awesome work dude. Mine is finally coming today! I can't wait!
    Haha thanks! You're gonna love it, though small it's still super fun truck! Even with the stock motor it's still pretty fun!
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  28. #68
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    heres a vid of it, I taped my phone to the front haha. Just some wheelies
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  29. #69
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    What is your wiring like? A "Y" cable to your receiver connecting both ESC, each individual ESC has its own battery? I'm going to attempt a dual motor build too, but different configuration.

  30. #70
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by jackislost View Post
    What is your wiring like? A "Y" cable to your receiver connecting both ESC, each individual ESC has its own battery? I'm going to attempt a dual motor build too, but different configuration.
    I have a y harness that connects them to the receiver. One of the esc's power lines is cut so I'm not overpowering my receiver. I'm using a unslow harness so that is in a parallel connection so both esc's get the same of mount of power even if one battery has a lower voltage and both esc's will go into lvd at the same time
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  31. #71
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    Hmmm... Can u help me with a photo? I was thinking that receivers won't draw too much amps to self destruct. I need to learn more about wiring

  32. #72
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by jackislost View Post
    Hmmm... Can u help me with a photo? I was thinking that receivers won't draw too much amps to self destruct. I need to learn more about wiring
    Heres the unslow harness. It just has a wire that goes across and connects each positive wire and another wire that connects each negative wire[IMG][/IMG]
    Heres where I cute the power wire on one esc before it hooks to the Y harness
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  33. #73
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    One more video!!
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  34. #74
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    Update....I somehow pulled the brown wire out of one of my esc's so I just ran it on one motor. Just broke the out drives on my rear diff. Snapped them. In my opinion it's not worth going brushless until the stronger driveshafts come out. Ilthe parts on these trucks break just from looking at them lol
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  35. #75
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxin View Post
    Update....I somehow pulled the brown wire out of one of my esc's so I just ran it on one motor. Just broke the out drives on my rear diff. Snapped them. In my opinion it's not worth going brushless until the stronger driveshafts come out. Ilthe parts on these trucks break just from looking at them lol
    lol I hear ya on that. I learned that lesson today but I didn't break anything. I just tested out the top speed.

  36. #76
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    lol I hear ya on that. I learned that lesson today but I didn't break anything. I just tested out the top speed.
    And I'm going to buy another rear diff because I permanently locked my rears, which aided in snapping the rear drive shafts. I'm running front wheel drive and the toe in is getting annoying, it wants to steer itself

  37. #77
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    476
    However, I locked the rear diff and glued the tires. It now wheelies from id say a 20 mph roll. Also did a couple standing back flips before it broke, I gotta order new parts and new bearings. Some of mine are seized...TRAXXAS RELEASE THE ALUMINUM SHAFTS ALREADY.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

  38. #78
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,825
    Have you thought of getting a 1/8 and make this conversion. I would be a sight
    Live life to the fullest

  39. #79
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxin View Post
    However, I locked the rear diff and glued the tires. It now wheelies from id say a 20 mph roll. Also did a couple standing back flips before it broke, I gotta order new parts and new bearings. Some of mine are seized...TRAXXAS RELEASE THE ALUMINUM SHAFTS ALREADY.
    Yes, Teton owners really really need the aluminum shafts... After the aluminum shafts I'll be interested in more upgrades

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •