Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

My Dual Brushless Build

I got this idea a like a week ago so I've decided to make it happen. I've finished all the modifying that needs to be done. It was actually quite easy to do with the right tools. I'm going to be ordering the other motor tonight so it should be done by next week. I just need Traxxas to release the metal driveshaft's for this thing! Motors are Castle 4 pole motors 5300 kv, ESC's are Castle Mamba Micro Pro's. Ill be running them off of two SPC 2s batteries and maybe a couple times running two 3s. I might go with the 14 tooth pinion from the rally to put on this. That way ill gain some speed
    This is a mock up of the setup, My castle motor and the stock motor.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And this is the bottom, Its pretty ugly but im going to fill in the gap between the chassis and the motor mount with some sort of epoxy to keep it tight.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC Racer
    Thats sick! how you gonna find room for all the other stuff?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NikRALLY View Post
    Thats sick! how you gonna find room for all the other stuff?
    The receiver is going behind the second motor, one esc is going to sit on top of that. The other Esc will be mounted to the rear shock tower. Then the 2 batteries will be zip tied together then the bottim one is going to have Velcro on it and the top blue chassis plate will have Velcro and the batteries will sit on top of it. However it may change if I see a better location for each item, but im pretty sure that's how everything will be

RC Racer
    thats gonna be a must see when finished!

RC Qualifier
    thats gonna be a must see when finished!
    Thanks haha, it should be a beast. Il get the motor next week, the thing that im worried about is getting driveshafts, I snapped 3 of my stock ones with the castle setup I have now and I cant even find the stock ones anywhere for sale, I emailed traxxas asking when the aluminum driveshaft's are going to come out and the emailed I received back said "they are not available yet" WELL DUH!, I just gotta wait I suppose.

RC Racer
    Man that's gonna be insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
    Man that's gonna be insane!

I hope so!

RC Qualifier
    Here are my blue prints for this build, I know they're ugly but it shows what it needs to.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I have everything ordered, bought some stock driveshaft's from Buy Traxxas but they aren't going to last long haha. I expect I should have everything by Thursday/Friday. I wish traxxas would see this and sent me some aluminum driveshafts haha One can hope

RC Racer
    The more I see this, the more I wanna do this to my little rally project!@ ha

RC Qualifier
    The more I see this, the more I wanna do this to my little rally project!@ ha
    Go for it man! Someone needs a dual brushless rally haha. Your just gonna have to drill holes in your nice new CF chassis haha, to bolt the new trans housing down and th slot for the bottom of it. Ill upload some close up pics of the trans housings so you can see exactly where I cut them, I think I got pretty lucky that I got them pretty much perfect on my first try so I didn't have to start over.

RC Racer
    No way I'm cutting my C/F chass hahaha i have this stock chassis still tho! i wanna throw a velineon 380 on it

RC Qualifier
    I was thinging about doing that to mine before I decided to go dual castle on mine, I might order 2 380 motors with escs and put in my Teton. Im planning on buying a rally and ill throw the 2 castle setups in that. I want the 380's and their esc's because they are waterproof.

RC Racer
    Exactly my reasoning lol, dual ANYTHING will be badd. I work at a licensed Traxxas dealer tho so, discounts haha

Might not go with the dual setup, but the velineon 380 and ESC is pretty much a go lol

But now that I think about it, I want the 380 on my C/F rally lol ill take the little EZRun motor and ESC off of it and throw on the stock chassis i have. WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER xD AYYYYYYYYYY

Please watch the *s in your posts.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-03-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    True haha. Here's some better pics of the mounts.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    you don't think you'll have any problems with the two motors spinning the spur and pinion gear correctly?

RC Qualifier
    you don't think you'll have any problems with the two motors spinning the spur and pinion gear correctly?
    Idk but ill find out haha

RC Racer
    as long as the motor pinions spin the same direction I don't see no problem, except having to replace the spur gear every other week

RC Racer
    Everyone is doing power mods and frankly, I'm feeling left out. My 2430 5200kv is going in tonight (I thought it was a 2030 4200kv but I dusted my box and it was a 24mmx30mm motor. Looks like same outside dimensions as the stock, a little shorter)! But I'll still be using my stock battery. I need to get some 2s lipo
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-03-2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Content

RC Racer
    I have a 3S LiPo ill sell ya! hahahaha

RC Qualifier
    I just gotta make sure the spin in sync. And don't feel to left out haha, I just like upgrading all my stuff

RC Racer
    does the stock pinion fit the mamba motor? my cheap china brushless motor cogs at super low speed and gets hot. i put an order in for a 4100kv mamba micro pro system.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the stock and castle motor both have 2mm shafts

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jackislost View Post
    does the stock pinion fit the mamba motor? my cheap china brushless motor cogs at super low speed and gets hot. i put an order in for a 4100kv mamba micro pro system.
    And btw, your gonna love the mamba micro pro setup, you better order some driveshafts cuz they're going to snap

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxin View Post
    And btw, your gonna love the mamba micro pro setup, you better order some driveshafts cuz they're going to snap
    Haha, yeah I'll order the aluminum ones as soon as they are widely released. I think I'll just roll on the gas before I really punch it.
    Thanks for the info, my motor mount is already modded and ready!

RC Qualifier
    Yea I really need the aluminum ones for this build haha. Like I said your going to love it, they are worth the money. I thought it was a pretty reasonable price for the system.

RC Racer
    any progress thus far?

RC Qualifier
    any progress thus far?
    I got my new team associated shocks, got my y servo connector. My 2nd mamba micro pro comes in tomorrow! Then traxxas just shipped my new driveshafts yesterday. Check back tomorrow. I'll have both motors mounted

RC Racer
    sweeeet! can't wait to see that thing man lol I get all my new parts for the Rally today so I'm pretty stoked on that and sure ill be posting pics and vids tonight when its all done lol

RC Champion
    nice man. i hope this thing comes out to be a MONSTER!!!!

RC Qualifier
    ALMOST DONE! I just need some double sided tape to hold down the receiver and second esc. And some Velcro for the batteries. Im also still waiting for my driveshafts that shipped yesterday, I also ordered the 14 tooth rally pinions for it which well come with the drivshafts. Also, the wiring is a complete mess, im going to shorten some of the wires and buddle them up better for a more clean look.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    man i have to send you my teton and have you install the brushless system in it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    man i have to send you my teton and have you install the brushless system in it
    haha, doing one brushless is pretty easy, just drill out the hole just a touch bigger and your done. This build was fairly simple, just had to cut some plastic to make it work. Im pleased how it turned. I just cant wait to run this bad boy haha

RC Qualifier
    I want to say thanks to GeoVW72 for DM'ing me and giving me some good info that I was unaware of. Thanks again

RC Racer
    Nice job man! Can't wait for a video of this thing

RC Qualifier
    Next week sometime I'll get a video up! Traxxas alwats likes to wait 5 days after your order to ship the item I wouldn't of bought them from them but couldn't find them elsewhere.

RC Racer
    Word, I'm putting the finishing touches on the C/F rally now. All this blue aluminum is like eye candy xD

RC Racer
    Things gonna be like a dragster engine in a go cart! Love it

RC Racer
    I'm seriously considering getting a Teton, rally cars are fun but i wanna be able to go out and jump stuff and bash about lol

RC Qualifier
    I sure hope so Yinzer! and get one, I love this truck. Even in stock form it was fun till the motor lost a brush ahah. Im considering getting the rally. Make a trailer for the Teton and pull the Rally around. Heck now I could make a trailer and pull my jato around ahha