Oh right. I've been in the forums here for a long time and always enjoy following the build threads. So I guess it is my time to share my build.
I only work in my RC's during the weekends so it may take a while to update the forum here.
I have bought my first electric rustler aprox 6 year ago. Since then I bought at least 4 or 5 Rustler VXL that I ended up putting some upgrades and later selling (so I can move to my next project). Currently I have a fairly upgraded Rustler and a roller. I decided to go all out with new parts and use some few parts I have in one of my other trucks and build the ultimate Rustler.
Here is the list of what I got so far:
- FLM Chassis (std not the extended) - $60
- FLM Transmission Case - $56
- FLM Upper Chassis - $31
- STRC Front Shock Tower - $19
- STRC Rear Shock Tower - $22
- STRC Bulkhead - $22
- MMP ESC + 4600kV Motor - $196
- SAVOX Servo 1258TG - $71
- AKA 17mm adapters - $36
- DX3S Rx/Tx - $200 (will soon upgrade to the DX4S to test how the AVC work)
- GRP tires - $49
- Traxxas Al Belcrank - $30
- Traxxas Rear Al Carrier - $27
- Traxxas Turnbuckle / Steering link - $17
- Traxxas Camber Turnbuckle - $11
- Traxxas Wheelie bar - $10
- Traxxas Al wheelie bar rim + rubber tires - $19
- Traxxas Al Caster Block - $17
- Traxxas Al Steering Block - $25
- Traxxas Big Bore Shocks - $56
- Traxxas Custom ProGraphix body - $40
- Boca Bearings Ceramic yellow seal kit - $80
- RCScrewZ SS hardware kit - $28
- RPM Gear Cover - $6
- RPM Wide Bumper - $6
- RPM A-Arm front - $10
- RPM A-Arm rear - $10
- Race Edge Al Washers - $8
- MIP Heavy Duty Axle - $60
Total so far: $1222 (I was hoping to be under $1000)
Some prices are for reference only as I am taking from one of my trucks but most parts were bought new.
I will soon upload some pics of the parts.