RC Racer

Aluminum Tranny Case Long Wait.

I ordered the REM Aluminum Transmission Case for my Traxxas Rustler off the site Addicted2rc.com. I ordered it on the 25th of January and still waiting for it. I emailed them 2 days ago, No Response. You think I should get my money back or wait it through if it will ever come. I already had dreams of it being here already, but yeah, kind of rediculous.

I remember I had to wait quite long for mine to arrive.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    or cancel your order and get the much cheaper integy one. I have the integy box for 2 years its great, even better than the rpm one imho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robby22 View Post
    I ordered the REM Aluminum Transmission Case for my Traxxas Rustler off the site Addicted2rc.com. I ordered it on the 25th of January and still waiting for it. I emailed them 2 days ago, No Response. You think I should get my money back or wait it through if it will ever come. I already had dreams of it being here already, but yeah, kind of rediculous.
    I would definitely wait

RC Qualifier
    Yeah might as well wait at this point. They said REM is backed up quite a bit on their orders but are slowly catching up.

That's the problem with small vendors. Usually they sell a high quality product, but the wait times can be frustrating.
    Last edited by brandon555; 02-28-2014 at 01:19 PM.

RC Champion
    They probably wait until they have a certain number of order before machining them. They should answer calls and emails thought.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Racer
    Yeah, cause I'm running 20/86 gearing with 2.2 Pro Line Dirt Hawgs and I get amazing speed with a 3s lipo however the vxl motor gets pretty hot and easily can get past 200 degrees after running the whole pack. I was even thinking that I should of just gotten the 3800 kv Castle motor with the sidewinder ESC and gear it gear it up to 28/83 on 2s lipo to reach the speed I like which is around 50 mph. But yeah, I'll wait and run as is and know that its coming soon.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    or cancel your order and get the much cheaper integy one. I have the integy box for 2 years its great, even better than the rpm one imho
    I have a stock rustler tranny. Would the integy tranny just drop in to the chassis without any modifications?
    And would a castle motor mount without additional hardware?
    Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    yes, no good luck man

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniElmo View Post
    I have a stock rustler tranny. Would the integy tranny just drop in to the chassis without any modifications?
    And would a castle motor mount without additional hardware?
    Thanks.
    Yeah they drop right in, however I had to dremel the two rear most holes in the chassis to get the holes in the gear box to line up. For whatever reason Integy doesn't know how to put holes in the right spot. It was still a lot less of a headache than getting the FLM to fit my other Rusty.

Otherwise the thing is flawless. It's very nice considering most other integy stuff is junk. The Integy gear box is definitely a viable option if you don't want to spend the $$$ on the higher end MIA gear boxes.
    Last edited by brandon555; 03-24-2014 at 12:07 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Addicted2RC and REM are the same company. Addicted just markets their products as REM. The customer service at REM, or, more specifically, at Addicted, is rubbish. I bought a couple parts from them and wasn't all that impressed. I was originally going to build an all aluminum rusty with REM products, until I was notified by a couple of my fellow RC buddies, about parts being machined incorrectly, holes being taped the wrong sizes, parts breaking, but mostly about the terrible customer service and long waits. You'll never get an honest answer from REM/Addicted2RC.....speaking strictly from me and my friends experience. Hopefully your experience will be hetter. However, since you ordered the tranny case back in January, and still haven't received it, doesn't seemed like much has changed. I actually requested a refund from REM, after I broke my front shock tower. Getting my money back was definitely worst than a root canal. It took almost 7 weeks.....that's after they received the damaged shock tower back. I guess it took them 7 weeks to figure out it was indeed broken LOL. I hate to actually suggest this, but go with Integy, if you don't want to pay the extra cash for an FLM tranny case. I generally dispise Integy, however, their gear boxes seem to hold up pretty good.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4