RC Competitor

proline shockwaves vs badlands

I see a lot of people recommend the badlands for bashing in grass and hard dirt. What about the shockwaves? Anyone ever used them?

Note I'll be using them in grass and Sandy clay. Southern Georgia dirt roads
    New ERBEWP, going 2s2p 9400mAh

RC Qualifier
    this is a good question.. id love to see a side by side size comparison..

I like the badlands size but would rather an all purpose tire.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    Do you like the stock tires but want something a little more rugged? Do you run a lot of paved road? If yes to either, get the shockwaves.

Otherwise, badlands.

RC Qualifier
    Drove the Badlands till they are about half of what whey started as overall a decent tire and not as wide as stock but about 3/4 of an inch taller. Great on sand and loose dirt, Harder surfaces they seem to slide more than grip. Size wise both tires are about the same height.
    Last edited by afterdarkgames; 02-27-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Competitor
    Hmm well im going to have to get at least a pair of tires as i busted a hole in one of my front tires. dont know what i hit but it tore right in to it.

afterdarkgames by "Size wise both tires are about the same height." you mean the badlands and shockwaves right??

chapinb thanks ill take the little bit of asphalt running i do into consideration.

has anyone ran the shockwaves?? they look like aggressive farm tractor tires.

RC Qualifier
    All three...Overall diameter they are really close. Badlands beat the shockwaves out just a touch because of the knobs. Width wise both are nearly identical and the regular trencher are in the same boat. The trencher x is about as wide as the width of your hand but the same diameter.

I just bought some new shoes for my ride. Ended up with the trencher x...like them so much better than the badlands mostly because they look like a monster truck tire vs a truggy tire...the gobs of traction it has also helps out.
    Last edited by afterdarkgames; 02-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.

RC Competitor
    Think they as in trencherx would do better than the shockwaves?

RC Qualifier
    Trencher x tires are about 3/4 an inch wider and about a half an inch taller than the shockwaves. When I was recently shopping for tires I was going to go ahead and make my revo a real monster truck and not use the skinny truck type tires. Saw the Mashers, saw the shockwaves, looked at the phaltlines. Kept thinking to myself these are really similar to what I already had. So I went over to the Ofna section and found some real monster truck tires. But while looking for the rims that would fit those tires I found a set of trencher X tires that reminded me of the old ClodBuster racing tires. So I bought them just because of how beefy they were. Once mounted I was not disappointed once I was able to drive it. They have gobs of traction and so far have worked way better than the badlands I have. The only dislike I have for them is the price tag but if they last as long as my badlands have I will be more than happy.