RC poster

Considering a Telluride

I'm considering a Telluride. I have crawlers, scalers, race trucks, race truggies and all that but no real basher that I can splash a puddle with. The issue is I will want it faster soon after I get it. I have a Castle MMP sitting around collecting dust. I also have a Tazer 2800kv 4-pole motor as well as a 550 can TORO 4000kv 4-pole motor. Neither are sensored so it wont be a very good slow crawler which is fine. I can seal up the MMP and use either motor. My question is this, with a 2S battery do you think the trans and driveline will take the abuse? I know I'll break it from some stupid jumps but will it be fairly reliable?

I'm thinking the Tazer 2800KV since its an off brand and doesn't seem to be as strong as the 4000kv 550 motor is.

Thoughts? Yes? No?

RC Competitor
    The Telluride is basically a 4x4 Stampede with brushed motor, lower gearing, a slower servo, a different body, smaller tires, a non-slipper clutch, a plastic drive shaft, shorter A-arms, and non-adjustable plastic camber links.

The diffs, axle's etc are basically the same as the Stampede and Slash, so they will handle 2S fine. The change over to get to the same strength as what Traxxas ships for their Stampede brushless setups would be motor, ESC, a 11-17t 32p pinion, the slipper clutch for the stampede (changes spur to 54T 32p), and the stampede metal center drive shaft. Optional parts would be the taller battery retainer for batteries over about 3000mAh and adjustable camber link turnbuckles.

I'm running the above setup with a Castle SCT + 4 pole 3800KV, big 2.8 x 3 Trencher tires, 8200mAh 50C 2S battery, RPM A-arms (Stampede/Slash), and metal camber links.

I've been bashing the **** out of the truck like it was a rental car and then letting my 10 and 12 year old boys have their way with it and so far so good. The only real breakage has been the stock A-arms and two bodies (the short wheelbase takes some driving skill to jump & land).

RC Champion
    get the telluride

RC Racer
    im running a all stock telly with a castle sct system and proline extra soft trenchers and its been holding up pretty good knock on wood

RC poster
    no issues with the plastic middle shaft? or 48p spur gear?

RC Champion
    I never had a break with my telli when I had it and I ran it with sv3 4600 and had a set of gmade tires on it and it was a tank

RC poster
    So it can take a 4600kv and 5.75" tires?? That's impressive! Maybe I could do the toro and MMP with no issues to really worry about. I doubt I will change the tires. I just want it to run faster than 15mph and do it reliably.

RC Competitor
    No issues at all up untill now, its a great car but NO crawler !!!!
    I have made some adjustments myself to make it more into a trail truck and low level crawling.
    Its a very fun allround car.

So go for it i would say !!!!