RC Competitor

got challenged, should I accept?

Coworker has a E-Maxx with the mm2 and 2200kv setup. Running phaltlines and the traxxas optional high speed pinion and bull gear. Using the traxxas 6s battery setup also. What would be the minimal changes I need to out run him and if I mainly bash will I spend money on stuff that I can't use for bashing besides tires.
    New ERBEWP, going 2s2p 9400mAh

nothing more than 6s wheelie bar and about 21/54 gearing.. should do it......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Pinion and spur Mod 1 25/36(smaller diameter less rotating mass), a good set of taped tires (proline vtr blockade are usually the lightest), wheelie bar to hold the wheelies down, balance your tires, and do an alignment.

The lighter your drive line the faster you can pull on him if everything is the same. You want less rotating mass. Phaltlines are a heavy tire/wheel combo but lighter than most monster truck style tires found on a revo.

Oh and drive it once or twice before you get there so you know what to expect from the setup
    Last edited by afterdarkgames; 02-25-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Racer
    Phaltlines won't hook up for nothing! He'll just spin tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    A brushless emaxx on 6s is not easily controlled. You should be able to take him just on that fact alone.
    Revo OS 21 TM
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Qualifier
    Tape your tires and test it some before you demolish him! Just remember to have fun too... What's on the line? I own a Civic and would not turn down a race against a Ferrari. so imagine if I had a Ferrari lol. I say go for it...
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-25-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Content
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC poster
    How about running agains him as is. See what happens. Also, traction is king!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-25-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Content

RC Qualifier
    How about a centre diff so all the power goes down?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Some things you didn't mention is how your ERBE is setup. What are you running for lipos? I presume you are. Your tires...
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Competitor
    Stock tires. No limit on esc. Nimh batterys right now. Going 6s for the race. Long travel springs on the truck. I think it's silver up front blue in rear. P2 rockers. Inner hole on the push rods. Stock oil in the diffs and in the shocks.

As for what's on the line. Nothing. Bragging rights. We both now that off road I'll kill him even if all I run is the nimhs

Will I need the heat sink on the motor for the high gear pinion setup?

RC Qualifier
    Please do some test runs with the Lipos before the race... She goes beast mode on Lipos.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    Road tires
    Lower the ride height some by letting out some shock preload and moving the pushrods to the outer arm holes
    change back to p2 rockers
    zip tie the rockers together to limit suspension travel

He wont be able to touch you in a drag or road race, it wont cost you a dime aside from tires. Not to mention your back to off-road revo in 15 min if you wanted.

RC Champion
    Yes you will risk overheating the motor. Since it is your first time on 6s and you are geared for speed you need to get a temperature gun. I usually back off around 170-180*F when driving aggressively. Castle says do not let your motor get over 200*F or it can cause damage.

A heat sink isn't really necessary (motor already has fins) but more airflow is. A vented windshield and/or a fan will help keep the motor from over heating.

Do not get your gear mesh too tight.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    Phaltlines won't hook up for nothing! He'll just spin tires.
    Agreed, I raced every single truck out there with my stock ERBE, phaltlines are for looks only or drift...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Competitor
    Race is on hold as I found a nice nickel sized hole in my front tire. Figure it's from landing in the brush pile. Once I get a new pair of shoes for it and my batteries I'll race him on stock gearing.

Still debating whether to go 4s or 6s. What's the run time on the large 6s batteries?

RC Qualifier
    I would say ask him for a race using 4s also whats the distance of the race if its just straight passes then cool down gear to the moon you lucky I don't have anyone around me that own rc,s I would love some races to try out what I have
    EMAXX 1480kv 6s
    RUSTLER 2150KV 4S

RC Competitor
    He only has two 3s batteries. It's what his truck came with. Don't think id stand a chance against him if I only was running 4s.

RC Racer

got challenged, should I accept?

The Maxx couldn't hold a candle to the E-revo! Phaltlines do look good, but would not hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERBE/JATO 3.3