RC Competitor

dead esc fan or reprogram?

So the night before last I unplugged my esc fan so that I could run my truck in the mud and water from the rain storm we had. It ran just fine all night. I got done and took it in side and cleaned it off. Yesterday I plugged it back up abs ran out around my folks place and noted the fan won't come back on. Did I kill it or do I have to reprogram it?
    New ERBEWP, going 2s2p 9400mAh

RC Enthusiast
    If i'm not wrong, the esc fan should spin only when it needs to (above a certain temp) and not when the esc is just on.

I'm guessing it is the new MM2. You prob have the pug in backwards. turn it 180
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nils3373 View Post
    If i'm not wrong, the esc fan should spin only when it needs to (above a certain temp) and not when the esc is just on.
    the MM that worked that way were the "older" versions and were not waterproof. I believe the fan turned on at 150*. The new MM2, the fan should run all the time.

RC Qualifier
    like apaulo said,,depending of what mamba you have, also after you turn it on the fan should run for a few secods on the older mmm if not it is time to be replaced.

RC Competitor
    Found the fan problem by chance to day as i was about to remove it and run it with out it and just watch the temps. Apperently one of the shock springs pinched the negative side of the wire in half. i used part of a blade female connector to crimp it and taped it for now. will braid it and heat shrink it later. I also tucked the other wires a little better as to not let them get cut either. What do you guys normally use to splice the wires?
    New ERBEWP, going 2s2p 9400mAh