RC Racer

lipo battery chargers

I'm new to lipo batteries and I just got two 2s 5000 mah batteries and I just need to buy a charger now. what are some good 2s/3s battery chargers for under 100 that have everything I need to plug in and work. thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    The traxxas ez-peak plus 6amp charger is great! You can find it on ebay for about 70-80 somewhere in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I have the onyx 235 and it works really well.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 96motorhead View Post
    I have the onyx 235 and it works really well.
    Agreed! I love my Onyx 235 as well. Works amazing for all of my batteries.

You might consider the Onyx 245 as it's what we've got but a dual charger. Might suit your needs to get both batteries charged at once. SLIGHTLY over what you wanted to spend but worth it if the dual function is what you want.

RC Racer
    what about the onyx 150 it says 1 to 3s lipos at a 5 amp rating with balancer in it and how long would it take to charge
    Last edited by slashmaster96; 02-15-2014 at 11:23 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    The traxxas ez-peak plus 6amp charger is great! You can find it on ebay for about 70-80 somewhere in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While the traxxas ez peak is definitely a great beginner charger I would recommend taking a look at the hitec X1 Ac plus. From what I can tell it is identical to the traxxas charger but is usually cheaper. The hitec cost me $80 at my lhs whereas the traxxas would have been $120.

http://hitecrcd.com/products/charger...harger/product

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The Onyx 235/245 are great, so are the Traxxas E-Z Peak/ Hitec X1- all of 'em are good, sturdy muti-chemistry chargers. For a few bucks less, the Primal and Ascend chargers at HTUSA stores do a fine job for less than $65. If I were buying a charger for myself today, I would get a Hitec X4 AC Plus, so that I could charge four batteries at once. For your $100 budget, two Primal chargers would probably be the best value, with the Onyx 245 being a nicer charger 25% over budget.

RC poster
    I have the Radient Primal from HTUSA. The first one I picked up had to go back but the second one has given me no issues. Looking back I wish I had gotten a charger that displayed voltage and had more functions in the way of charging the lipo batteries.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 2046SPD View Post
    While the traxxas ez peak is definitely a great beginner charger I would recommend taking a look at the hitec X1 Ac plus. From what I can tell it is identical to the traxxas charger but is usually cheaper. The hitec cost me $80 at my lhs whereas the traxxas would have been $120.

http://hitecrcd.com/products/charger...harger/product

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

This.

+1000

RC Competitor
    My Imax ac680 seems to be a great little charger, comes with lots of connectors to charge most any battery. Came with a balance board too. It has a built in power supply and you can connect it to a car battery also.

RC Competitor
    I had the Primal for my first charger. It was a great entry level charger for my son and I's 5 batteries to charge. Not all done at the same time, but we'd go out every few days, One small drop took it out, but it was a good value at 49.99.

I just upgraded to the Venom Medion which should be here this week sometime.

RC Racer
    thanks guys for all the help I think i'm going to go with the onyx cause I know my local hobby shop carries its sounds pretty good.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, you will definitely be happy with your choice. The Duratrax batteries are good, too. I'm glad to see that you are supporting your LHS! The guys at the hobby shop are a great resource- support your local!

RC Racer
    blaster its just hobby town and they have the same price as everywhere else except I don't have to pay shiping and ya I have had the onyx nihm batteries and like them so lipos must be even better