RC Enthusiast

Differential gear grease

What is a good differential gear grease to use? This will be my first repacking. The rusty is spinning very loose and is spinning out every time i punch the throttle.

RC Champion

Differential gear grease

I use Lucas red n' tacky, but pretty much any grease will do. The thicker, the better. The grease will spin out eventually though. To fix it, you'd need a sealed diff. Hot racing and FLM make one for the rusty.

RC Qualifier
    I use Royal Purple Ultra Synthetic Grease, or Red Line Synthetic w/ Moly, both work amazingly well. In my sealed FLM diff, I run Mugen 300K silicone diff oil. A couple good, but inexpensive synthetic greases with teflon (PTFE), are Super Lube, or Tri-Flow.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4

RC Enthusiast
    Can I just use some basic wheel bearing grease that I have in my garage. Or should I go and buy something else?

RC Champion
    You can use that.

RC Enthusiast
    Do you not recomend it? I just bash right now

RC Qualifier
    Just use standard silicone grease, like thrust grease, if that's what you got lying around. It doesn't have to be, some ridiculously expensive grease, to work in your stock diff. I just use the Royal Purple Ultra and Red Line CV 2 greases, since I use them in my real cars. They come in large 15 oz. cartridge tubes, so there's always extra left after lubing my wheel bearings, gears and u-joints, etc, so I then just use it for my RC's. Just use whatever grease you got. You can even use lithium grease, which is really inexpensive.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4