Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Champion

Anza Pro2 refresh/rebuild

The Traxxas F150 Raptor was my first RC. I quickly started buying up upgrades and have changed everything at least twice. It's not a Slash anymore now that the few parts that were Traxxas are being replaced by Proline parts. Only the endlinks and front bulkhead were stock..now the truck will be full on proline with everything that Anza makes. I plan on racing this truck and running it on the street a little. TBH it looks so good just sitting on the shelf that it will be hard to take it out

These are the parts that are already installed:
    Anza CF LCG Chassis
    Anza CF front shock tower kit
    Anza CF rear shock tower kit
    Anza captured shock mounts
    Anza kingpin ball stud castor blocks
    Anza 1deg rear hub carriers
    Anza captured hinge pin set
    Anza wheel hexes
    Anza hinge pin brace x2
    Traxxas aluminum knuckles
    Proline Performance transmission
    Proline Powerstroke shocks
    Proline Protrac kit
    Proline Performance Steering kit
    Proline Extended thumbscrew body mounts
    Proline Protrac 17mm adapters
    Proline Protrac beadlocks w/ Calibers
    Proline Protrac wheels w/street fighters
    MIP C-CVDs
    Traxxas Velineon esc/motor
    Spektrum DX4s/SR301 tx/rx
    Hitec metal gear servo

I recently ordered the following parts:
    Proline precut Flotek Raptor body
    Proline shock rebuild kit (2)
    Proline f/r tuning springs
    Proline anti-squat blocks
    Proline hard anodized pivot ball and rod ends
    Proline f/r bumpers
    Proline renegade beadlock
    Proline spare front arms (2)
    Dynamite front swaybar
    Proline spare extended body mounts

here it sits now

Tonight I am working on rebuilding the shocks. I took them all apart and decided that I should de-anodize them. A lot of the paint was chipped and they were in rough shape. I ordered BadHorsie shock socks today to keep the springs in better shape.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    shocks are de-anodized and rebuilt. I went with 45 wt up front and 40 wt in the rear with red black springs and green silver springs all around.

RC poster
    Same here. The Raptor is my first Traxxas. First thing I do was ordering the proline protrac suspension kit, GTR Shocks, and proline body post. Its been a helpful kit considering I'm still using standard chassis. A few questions though. Whats an anti squat block for? That Anza chassis looks really nice. Where did you get it?

RC Champion
    you started out with some great mods. There is a lot of good info on anti-squat in this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...at-bit-me.html
    The Anza chassis can be found here: http://www.firelandsgroup.com/product-p/anza5822.htm

RC Champion
    I worked on the rear end this morning and got the new rear bumper and sway bar put on. I made the links using parts I had in the parts bin. I still need to change out all the endlinks...my least favorite thing to do.

RC Champion
    super nice slash man, I love how clean she is.............for now

RC Qualifier
    Is that the front sway bar kit on the rear? Will there be a kit on the front too? Nice truck, btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Nice upgrades and work on your truck.....Looks very nice!!!!
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Thanks guys! This truck is looking like wall decoration to me.. THat is the dynamite front sway bar kit. I may order another one for the front after I mock it up. It won't mount the same way since I'm not using the traxxas bumpers. The holes do line up with the bellcrank holes so I'll try to work that out.

I ordered a used Tekin Redline 10.5t sensored motor last night and I plan on pairing it with a Mamba Max Pro I already have. I did not want a 4 Pole motor due to the Proline tranny being weak. I have upgraded the idler gear to steel though.
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 02-11-2014 at 01:02 PM.

RC Champion
    with there be a new body

RC Qualifier
    Definitely looking forward to see a front swaybar kit on this truck if you decide it needs one. Every truck I race against runs sway bars so I'm looking into trying a set. I'm also using the proline from bumper and anza front tower on my truck, different chassis and arms tho, so if you find a way to mount one up it might work on my truck too.

Last edited by Building Boost; 02-11-2014 at 01:57 PM.

RC Champion
    ive never seen a 2wd with them

Nice looking truck you have there, I just love seeing them go together then getting up the courage to beat the snot out of them.

ive never seen a 2wd with them
    I run sway bars when the track isn't to rough with 2wd all the time, but most of out tracks are so aggressive they work against me.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    [QUOTE I run sway bars when the track isn't to rough with 2wd all the time, but most of out tracks are so aggressive they work against me.[/QUOTE]

what brand????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    Definitely looking forward to see a front swaybar kit on this truck if you decide it needs one. Every truck I race against runs sway bars so I'm looking into trying a set. I'm also using the proline from bumper and anza front tower on my truck, different chassis and arms tho, so if you find a way to mount one up it might work on my truck too.

Okay I put the sway bar on the front. I need to lengthen the turnbuckles a little to make the bar parallel to the arms. It' pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Nice looking truck you have there, I just love seeing them go together then getting up the courage to beat the snot out of them.

I run sway bars when the track isn't to rough with 2wd all the time, but most of out tracks are so aggressive they work against me.
    it'll definitely take some courage to run it..

RC Champion
    wow man that's just pure awesome looking

RC Qualifier
    +1. Looks great. I have to mount a set of those sway bars up too. Thanks for posting that.

RC Champion
    I found the old version of the Hot Racing sway bar kit in my parts bin. I'm going to be using it on the front because it came with three different sway bars to tune with. Since Im not going to be running the Velineon system I am de-anodizing all the blue aluminum right now which only consist of the Traxxas knuckles and sway bar mounts.

These Anza parts really seem like they are top notch. I have bent two Traxxas aluminum castor blocks but these seem like they aren't bending at all. I really like the Anza hardened steel stubs and 11mm hexes

RC Champion
    wow that awesome man

RC Champion
    At the end of the day, The body has been painted and the front/rear swaybars were installed along with the esc and rx. Hopefully I'll be going to the track on Sunday to test this thing out.

RC Champion
    haha love the proline body man

RC Qualifier
    Wow, that's a great looking build! Did you use any type of protective film on the bottom of the chassis?

RC Champion
    I have not used any protective film on the bottom. The more I think about the 100s and 1000s in this build the less I want to race it. That decision is easier made knowing that I have 2 1/8 scale buggies and an 1/8 scale truggy to race...I finsihed up the build tonight. I had to go back to Traxxas turnbuckles with the new proline endlinks and hardened aluminum pivot balls. This way I have several backups. I have broken the proline turnbuckles in the past. Here are the latest pics...I get the feeling that this will only see the street in front of my house duty..

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=SLW-SVT;5654450]The more I think about the 100s and 1000s in this build the less I want to race it.

"You gunna race that thing, man?"
    "No, probably not."
    "You'd be a lot cooler if you did."

Lol. Had to do it. If you can find a nice offroad style carpet track to race at you should give it a go. Only thing that doesn't stay new racing on carpet are tires and the body.

RC Champion
    haha we'll see what happens. I'm going to an 1/8 scale track on Sunday and I'll probably bring this with me. I haven't heard of any indoor carpet tracks in the Houston area.

RC Qualifier
    Its worth looking into, you'd do really well with that truck. I always ran on loamy outdoor tracks, never neven clay, so when I first herd of carpet tracks I thought it wouldn't be fun but now I really like it. When its done right its great.

I recently started racing on this track and its so fun. The layout changes every few weeks and is always a great balance of driver/motor. Carpet is fun because once you find a good set up the track will stay a lot more consistant. Let's you get more practice time in vs tuning time.

Last edited by Building Boost; 02-13-2014 at 11:02 AM.

RC Champion
    wow that looks awesome! I would definitely be interested in racing in a place like that!

RC Enthusiast
    dang that slash is one bad maajamma! id love to see you hit a track with that thing to compare it to "real race trucks" sure is a thing of beauty.

RC Champion
    thanks! I go the motor in today, I'm just waiting on new body posts and I should be good to go for the track on Sunday.

I took some more pics

RC Champion
    Gunslinger, empty your inbox so I can pm you back!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I got the Tekin Redline 10.5t installed tonight and took it on a test run. I need to get a longer sensor wire but it seems to be running fine without it for now. I did notice that it would spin out on low traction surfaces like in the garage or in the damp grass. I had street fighter tires on. I would guess that it was going 25-30 mph on 86/21 gearing. I ran it for about 15 minutes and the temp gun only registered 91 degrees motor and 86 degrees esc. I'm going to order the smaller spur and a bigger pinion to try to reach 40 mph on 2s.

That thing looks fantastic man. Excellent build. So as for the rear sway bars, those mounted right up then?

Love what you did with the Proline Shocks. Very cool.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    thanks loot! for both the front and rear swaybars I had to make new links that were longer and drill holes in the rear arms. It wasn't necessary but I also countersank both bracket mounting holes.

I received the final pieces and put a few laps in at M&M Hobby in Houston last weekend. The truck seemed to handle really well. The only problem I had was that I had two end links pop off the turnbuckles. I'm not sure if this has to do with using stock turnbuckles over Proline's? 4mm is 4mm so I'm not sure. I picked up some RPM links to see if they will fair a little better.

here are the bad horsie shock socks

Another thing was that I need to change is the low speed. I ordered the proline 76t spur and and some taller pinions. The LHS did have the proper length sensor cable to so I'm going to set that up before going out again. I should be going back on Saturday.

I picked up some more beadlocks. I'm not sure why I prefer them to the regular wheels but I do. I do have some strc beadlock rings which knock the individual tire weight down a bit.

Street Fighters on regular Renegades 112g
    Snipers on Split Six beadlocks 135g
    Calibers on Renegade beadlocks 135g
    Snipers on renegade beadlocks with STRC rings 120g

That's it for now. I will be adding another build to this thread. I have a modded out Bandit that I built for my sister (12). It started life as a Rustler then went to Grave Digger and it's now a bandit. I'm going to get the STRC conversion and use an old Lightning McQueen themed body for her. Instead of doing another thread I will just talk about both in here.

RC Champion
    Looks good! Can't wait to see your other build get started!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    well I guess you can read up on where this truck has been so far:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...0-Raptor-build

and where the new truck has been.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-up-from-parts

I plan on using the strc lcg conversion, strc threaded shock bodies, protrac, new protrac carbon fiber shock tower braces, proline body mounts and I just installed x0-1 cvd's with Slash 5mm stubs.

http://prolineracing.com/performance...k-tower-brace/
    http://prolineracing.com/performance...k-tower-brace/

this is the body I'll be using on Slash 2

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice build my friend. How's the PL tranny holding up so far?

Sorry I missed you a couple weekends ago. The family has been battling some crud, little girl had bronchitis/ slight pneumonia, and the rest of use allergy like symptoms. It wasnt anything nice. I even had a buddy I was going to bring out there to get in on the action. Arhhh.

BTW, when is the due date of the kiddo? Right around the corner?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    no worries man. Hope everything is better now. Are you going to be free on Saturday to go out to M&M? Have you taken that Mbx7 to a track yet??

I haven't had in problems with the PL tranny yet but I'm also running 2pole to mitigate any breakages

May 31...not looking forward to my first kid lol. I'm sure it will be the best thing ever...when she can flip my car over for me!!

RC Champion
    any new upgrades or you finished now

RC Champion
    I think this one is modded out (unless new parts come out) but stay tuned for my little sister's Slash build in here

RC Champion
    cant wait dude, should be great build