RC Enthusiast

Shelf Queen, is it wrong?

currently have a e-maxx using summit body and an xo-1 i will prob sell, i want a 1/16 summit for in the house/shelf queen and if i sell the xo-1 a rally for on road.

my plan for the 1/16 summit would to do it all in aluminum (prob integy parts, know they dont have good track record, but they look nice and i dont plan on doing any major bashing indoors anyway) and have it for display slow speeds around in the house, thinking of even getting some of those tank/snowmobile type treads that are like $250 per set to put on it.

do you guys think doing this to a 1/16 summit would be a waste?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lazybum View Post
    do you guys think doing this to a 1/16 summit would be a waste?
    Ummm. Yes!
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Competitor
    That is so wrong. If you got that kind of money u should make it indestructible then try to break it! @_@

RC Racer
    to me that would be just a waste of money.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog325 View Post
    That is so wrong. If you got that kind of money u should make it indestructible then try to break it! @_@
    never been one to try and break my rc's, never ever jumped my e-maxx either other then off a curb. but i still like the idea of setting up an all aluminum truck for display, but i guess that is just me.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cjroy1998 View Post
    to me that would be just a waste of money.
    But if you were pretty wealthy then what would it matter? I'm only 13 and don't got much so I just dream and work

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lazybum View Post
    never been one to try and break my rc's, never ever jumped my e-maxx either other then off a curb. but i still like the idea of setting up an all aluminum truck for display, but i guess that is just me.
    You are asking the opinion of a bunch of people of who the majority will have a lot less to spend on R/C stuff. It's logical that their average opinion is different from yours.

If I would have more money to spend, I would upgrade that Summit with high quality parts and not with mostly inferior parts like Integy.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    I would do an all aluminum 4-Tec. Not to munch on anyone but the mini Summit is aimed at the younger selection of RC users, at least IMO...
    I don't think a Mini Summit would look good in aluminum, it seems more for off-roading, maybe a Boss 302, Merv, or Kyle Busch (Custom painted of course) for the shelfer.
    PM for info.....

RC Competitor
    I think a merv would look good

RC Qualifier
    I say the Merv would be a better choice too, but then again the 1/16 parts are interchangeable so you could have a different look for every week/month! Possibilities are near endless~
    PM for info.....

RC Enthusiast
    never much cared for the Merv, and my e-maxx mamba has a summit body on it, so it might just be me, but i do like the summit body style. tho the boss 302 or kyle bush (custom painted agreed) might not be a bad idea either
    Last edited by Mr. Lazybum; 01-15-2014 at 06:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I am not a merv fan either, it just has some better availability of better parts >>cough-cough, I meant non-Traxxas parts. If I had a Maxx it would have a Summit body on it as well. Maybe if you picked up a Pro-line Rat Rod Body??? Either way you go we still will look at the pictures!
    PM for info.....

RC Enthusiast
    think im pretty set on getting a summit, just have to decide on color, leaning more towards the red one since my e-maxx is done in all blue rpm and aluminum parts. that and i havent seen any white or yellow aluminum parts, lol

RC Champion
    Sorry I can't help myself. Why would you do this!? If you plan to spend that much money why get a tiny rc and make it look pretty and not put it to use? If you had that much money get a full size summit and blow your mind. The thing is unstoppable and very upgradable.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC poster
    Im pretty young but one thing I know is that integy sucks horribly. If you build an all aluminum summit then do all GH parts and GPM parts Even so some cool colored rpm parts put some colored wire mesh a nice body some cool stickers and make sure that you have a theme color that would be a true shelf queen because I cant even say integy looks good when most of there parts say INTEGY on them, the word gives me the creeps.
    MERV, Team Durango DEX210

RC Racer
    If you are going to enjoy doing it then I think its a great idea, however one enjoys their RC's is up to them!

When you think about it, its not unlike people collecting classic cars and spending lots of time and money restoring them to all original. Usually after they are done all they do is clean and polish the car and rarely drive it. If your plan is to drive it sparingly then Integy parts would be perfect- they look great and are inexpensive.

RC Qualifier
    If I did a all aluminum r/c I would do a more scale truck. Solid axle crawler of some sort, that is low geared and slow. Some parts aluminum are good, but definitely not a-arms. The heavier the truck the more chance it will break.
    Last edited by USA1; 02-02-2014 at 11:06 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz68 View Post
    If you are going to enjoy doing it then I think its a great idea, however one enjoys their RC's is up to them!

When you think about it, its not unlike people collecting classic cars and spending lots of time and money restoring them to all original. Usually after they are done all they do is clean and polish the car and rarely drive it. If your plan is to drive it sparingly then Integy parts would be perfect- they look great and are inexpensive.
    +1, I agree.
    XO-1, Summit VXL