Thread: Qr1 or alias

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar

Qr1 or alias

I'm interested in a qr1 OR an Alias. Does a qr1 have the preprogrammed abilities the alias does? I'm assuming the qr1 is cheaper and better indoors.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Enthusiast
    I was in the same boat and really like the qr 1 so far it has performed flawlessly indoors and outdoors. It has two modes beginner and expert. I find the expert easier to fly on myself but the qr 1 does requires constant trimming once you crash .
    The trimming gets easier and quicker as you get practice but I was surprised at how steep the learning curve was and I'm glad I didn't jump into the alias. Myself I have a 450 clone coming in the mail and I feel a lot more confident with my flying abilities now, enough so to move up too bigger and probably an alias.
    Best of luck, either way I'm sure you ll be happy with both.
    Cheers.

RC Qualifier
    I was in the same dilemma, but read a lot of motor issues with the alias, so I ordered the qr-1,,it seems nice to play inside home, this is my first quad so will see how it goes.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    After more reading and videos, it seems to me that the qr1 is gonna be almost as easy to do flips and rolls with. Perhaps not 5 flips in a row, but a flick of the stick for a flip seems easy enough to me. For 50-70 bucks I think I can handle not having the preprogrammed multiple rolls.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    I really enjoy my QR-1. Have had it since November and put now maybe 30ish packs through it. Other than occasional motor replacement its pretty tough. It will flip, roll, dip and dive very nicely. Like previously stated it is much easier to fly outside on expert mode. Has more power to cut through the wind. For the price I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Qualifier
    Sounds good...mrtwohands..my qr-1 should arrive tomorrow..I am excited to play with it..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Sounds good...mrtwohands..my qr-1 should arrive tomorrow..I am excited to play with it..
    Awesome. Be sure to let us know what you think about it. Haven't played with mine in about three weeks. Maybe I will charge up some batteries today.

RC Qualifier
    Just got it today...man this little thing is awesome...still need to learn how to flight, but I like it. I'm used to indoor helis they much easier IMO, but this definitely fun.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Just got it today...man this little thing is awesome...still need to learn how to flight, but I like it. I'm used to indoor helis they much easier IMO, but this definitely fun.
    That is awesome. Glad to hear you like it. It really is a lot of fun especially once you get the hang of it. Wait till you try going outside and put it in expert mode

RC Qualifier
    I put like 6 packs yesterday,,,this thing is hard to break it took so many crashes that I'm impressed with the durability, already replaced the blades, but I'm doing a bit better..going to order some spares just in case..lol

RC Competitor
    The extra rotors are a good idea NFS, considering they're held on by friction, rather than screwed or bolted on as are the ones on the Alias. There are three QR-1 rotors somewhere in my trailer, in two rooms. They popped off because of crashes, and I glimpsed them flying though the air. However, I have no idea where they landed. It's like they disappeared.

RC Champion
    I know what you mean. I have gone thru a lot of blades. A lot of times when I order parts for my other RC's I'll order a pack of blades. I probably have about 30-50 blades lol

Sent from my SCH-I535