Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slash

RC Qualifier
    Ok, and I know what the slipper does, but I'm not sure why the avid is an upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The stock slipper is like a lightswitch. Either a ton of slip or none at all. The surface area of the pads on a stock clutch is tiny and only slips on one surface, making it harder to adjust.

The team associated v1 and v2 slippers slip on 2 surfaces, making it easier to find the sweet spot for slip vs grip. The vts uses 3 slipper pads, creating 4 surfaces that slip, which will handle power batter and stay more consistant than a v1 will

The avid also uses 3 slippers pads but they are made out of different materials to adjust how much the clutch will slip before it hooks up. All white pads will be used on a low grip track with a stock motor and as the level of grip and power goes up you run more red pads in different loactions of the clutch to keep it performing how you like. The avid is also lighter than any of the other clutches mentioned so it reduces rotational mass too. The avid spurs are machined not molded so they run true and don't wobble. This leads to an extremely smooth and quiet running truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Building Boost; 02-08-2014 at 10:29 AM.

RC Qualifier
    And for the sealed diff, from hot racing? What diff fluid would be good for close to a locked diff, but not fully locked.

RC Qualifier
    Start around 100k team associated diff fluid. I use 30k in my basher but I'm not looking for anything close to locked.

RC Qualifier

Slash

Ok? So what would 100k be like?
    So would this work? http://bit.ly/1iIAWpr
    Or is team associated better?

Last edited by iZach98; 02-08-2014 at 05:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I just only suggested that brand because I've tuned with it before. Some brands have a different way of numbering things so one brands 100k may be heavier or lighter than another brand.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, but I can't seem to find the team associated. So that what came up. It's from traxxas so it can't be bad.