RC poster

Unhappy TRX 2.5 Engine will not start

Hello, It's the first time I've owned a Nitro RC model, I've got a T-maxx 2.5 I think its a Classic but not sure of the actual model. I cant get the engine started (electro start). I've tried meany things even factory reset the carb. But I can not get the engine to start, its got fuel, its turning over fast, glow plugs working, engine not flooded (striped and rebuilt), I've primed buy holding finger over exhaust and by blowing down the pipe, I've checked the fuel is going into the carb, It's flowing fine. so I'm out of ideas....Can anyone help me?

RC Racer
    When you rebuilt it did you put the piston in the right way?? With the notch facing the carb.!
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by dudelittle View Post
    When you rebuilt it did you put the piston in the right way?? With the notch facing the carb.!
    Notch facing carb on piston, oil hole on conrod facing same way, 2 notches in backplate facing towards the top, backplate O-ring not pinched and seated well.

You sure your getting fuel? When you pull the plug is it wet?

How about removing the air filter and put a couple drops of fuel down the carb will it fire?

How are you sure your glow plug is fine?
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...