RC Enthusiast

any input is appreciated

hi guys, had my first run with the XO-1...rans fantastic, however when the car reach about 100ft it stops....then if i raise the transmitter up it starts to move again.

the car is brand new and has NOT been unlocked....any thoughts? thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by robster888; 02-05-2014 at 08:56 PM.

RC Racer
    Have you tried a simple range test? 100 feet is not very far at all. Something is wrong.

Have a friend stay with the car. Walk 100 feet away and test the steering servo Right, then Left. Have your buddy give you a thumbs up if it's working..

Repeat test at various distances up to, 1320 feet. It should work at least to 1320 feet (1/4 mile).

Do you have fresh batteries in the transmitter?

RC poster
    I know Traxxas ships some models without the RX antenna mounted. That would be my first check past TX batteries.

RC Enthusiast
    at about 100-150ft the cervo right and left struggles and the car stops as if theres no communication between tx and rx, then when i raise up the tx the car starts to move/ tx batts are fresh and the rx has a tiny antena, i dunno if theres a way to set the transmitter to full distance somehow, i dunno if the antena is supposed to be this tiny, i took off the black thing on top and it seems like there's nothing inside that blue pipe thing..
    Last edited by robster888; 02-05-2014 at 10:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The problem you have is the exact same problem I had with my wife's Summit. On your blue pipe thingy (antenna) take the black cap off. You should see a wire at the top of the blue tube. If that looks good, Traxxas will give you a new Transmitter & Reciever.

RC Enthusiast
    Also check the wires inside the water proof receiver box. May have a damaged or pinched receiver wire. My servo wires were crimped on the rubber seal.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie L View Post
    Also check the wires inside the water proof receiver box. May have a damaged or pinched receiver wire. My servo wires were crimped on the rubber seal.
    First thing I would check right there! Also, have a friend look at the LED light on the receiver when out of range. Should turn red or blink red if it has lost connection with the transmitter.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    First thing I would check right there! Also, have a friend look at the LED light on the receiver when out of range. Should turn red or blink red if it has lost connection with the transmitter.

Jeremy
    U can c the wire in the tube (c in the picture)

RC Enthusiast
    the wire is halfway thru the tip, i pulled it about 1inch, i will see later if it works, meanwhile i wrecked it last night and broke the left swing arm, ordered the alloy front and back will arrive tues.
    i am fixing the broken arm so i can ride it temporarily,, easy fix.
    i just want the alloy better. thanks guys!

RC Champion
    which aluminum arms did you purchase?

RC Champion
    When working correctly, the wire length has minimal effect on range. I have receivers with chewed up wires and the range is still well over 100 feet. It's a faulty receiver.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast

RC Champion
    oh ok yea i seen those on ebay.

RC Enthusiast
    the amazon ad says it's for Traxxas XO-1....but the dimension says 1x1x1 and 4.8 ounce....hope they are telling the truth that it's indeed for XO-1

RC poster
    Traxxas uses the same A-Arms for multiple vehicles. That looks to be the correct one.

RC Enthusiast
    easy fix!... will use this while waiting for the new arms to arrive next week

RC Qualifier
    How well did your "QuickSteel" hold up? I bought some but have never used it, though I have used Magic Putty- a similar epoxy putty stick but it tends to stick to itself very good but not to other things!

RC Enthusiast
    the quicksteel holds up really good,, i used to be a jb weld fanatic but when i used quicksteel once, i fell inlove with it, its very user friendly. cures in 5minutes and you can mold and shape it however you want.
    i rode my xo-1 on a very rough road yeasterday in san diego and that swingarm repair is still very intact.

but, my alloy swingarm replacement came yesterday night so i installed it rightaway. nice i loveeet

RC Racer
    Take your car back from where you got it.. I've seen this issue alot, and what happens is from the factory the reciever wire gets pinched underneath the waterproof reciever case ultimatly causing a short in the attenna wire.

Once this happens, its hard to correct with out getting a new reciever, But being that it was like that when you bought it. The dealer that sold it to you should replace it for free... Same problem happened with one of mine

Quote Originally Posted by robster888 View Post
    one wrong hit and those will bend, I've went through it. If you ever have to repurchase any type of Control arm get the rustler Aluminum Control arms from Fastlanemachine.net Rustler control arms are a direct fit
    Last edited by Double G; 02-13-2014 at 07:51 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Really appreciate your inputs bdion, as a beginner, i really know nothing much about RC's yet, this forum and you guys give me a real big help.
    i noticed on this video http://youtu.be/L3Wsd1rBYX8 the range of the car from the transmitter is really far, is it how its supposed to be out of the box? or o you think the owner upgrade his TX or RX to a better one??...do you guys have any suggestion on which is the best Transmitter or reciever that i can install to get the longest range and without interruption?.

thanks for the input on about the swingarm also..

and how easy or quick is it to return something from AMAZON?? my first time...thanks

RC Champion
    Really appreciate your inputs bdion, as a beginner, i really know nothing much about RC's yet, this forum and you guys give me a real big help.
    i noticed on this video http://youtu.be/L3Wsd1rBYX8 the range of the car from the transmitter is really far, is it how its supposed to be out of the box? or o you think the owner upgrade his TX or RX to a better one??...do you guys have any suggestion on which is the best Transmitter or reciever that i can install to get the longest range and without interruption?.

and how easy or quick is it to return something from AMAZON?? my first time...thanks
    My cousin has a couple Spectrum tx/rx's and he has found the Traxxas tx/rx's give him better range. I have had no issues with Traxxas stuff thus far.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Racer

Robster88 im going to PM you my phone number if you can throw me a call and ill be able to explain things slightly better

RC Enthusiast
    hi guys,,, so the new reciever arrived and i installed it, i did the binding procedure and both green light are on,,,the steering is working but it doesnt want to go forward or reverse...the ESC keeps on beeping. red and green light blinks alternately.
    i did the reprogramming too but still forward and reverse does not work...
    thanks for the help

RC Enthusiast
    nevermind guys, i had it running now,,i connect my iphone to the tX then it registered the newly installed Rx...and both steering and ESC are working now...hmmm,it's a fine machine after all...

bdion,got ur number, i'll call you soon if your'e not busy. i need some tips from the pro. thanks again!