RC Enthusiast

New solid rear axle install. Now the trans does not shift into second.

So just as the title states, I installed a traxxas brand solid rear axle in the rear. I wouldn't have done it but I found it for real cheap. Since I am mainly on asphalt surfaces, I just wanted to try it out. Since installing it, the trans will not shift into second gear. It seems to have a bunch of takeoff but maxes out the RPM real quick. Any ideas or should I just put the regular diff back in?

RC Champion
    I have a slain revo and i thought the locking rear would be a nice idea as well. I put that in the front and the back. It turns too wide so i'm just going to take out the rear locking diff and leave the one in the front. I haven't heard mine shift into second either, i'm gonna see if that does anything. The locking diff is causing a lot of problems actually. I would suggest staying stock diffs and just change the fluid.

RC Enthusiast
    Ya, I already took it out. I cant tell if it shifts or not now. I think it does but then again, it kind of sounds like it spins the tires and then grips vs actually shifting.