RC poster

Which upgrades when?

I am loving this little car and am enjoying learning on it.

I am to the point to where I want to start upgrading (for performance, but to learn too). I just don't quite know where to start. I am going to do two different stages $100 at a time. This first round I am doing bearings and a lipo. And would like to spend another $50-$60 But am not sure what to do first.

Past that I'm not sure what to upgrade when and exactly what upgrades get me what. Should I go drive shaft first? Then shocks and shock towers? Also I see an aluminum drive shaft assembly do I need to upgrade that at the same time as the drive shaft? The other question is the aluminum spool, when should I upgrade that or should I?

I appreciate all the help. Im not sure if this is the place to ask these questions, or maybe someone can send me to a link that answers some of these questions or could educate me more.

Thanks for all the help!

RC Enthusiast
    Bearings and lipo are a great start. I like the one way shaft. I haven't upgraded the shocks due to cost... A bit pricey in my eyes. I put ball diffs in mine, runs smooth. Although I am having trouble with it pushing in one direction and spinning in the other, still working that out. Not sure if it's a chassis or a suspension issue... I'll keep you posted on that. If you stick with the stock diffs, you may want to get some shims. Seems the outdrive gears and pinion are a weak point.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Pardon my ignorance, I am not seeing which part # is the Ball Diff?

RC Racer
    The ball diff disappeared. An Associated RC18(not t2) ball diff fits without issue.

Those will help get the power to the ground and keep the car a little more planted. The torque from the motor will be slower to transition side to side than the gear diff. The gear diffs will quickly unload to the lighter side of the car and the momentum will tend to snap the car around when the balance changes.
    I like them much better than the spool. It has a tendency to break the input pinion.

Ask away, that's what the forum is for