RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!

Some questions.....

Hey guys. I've been trying to decide what mini car I want to get. I've got it narrowed down to the LaTrax, 1/16th rally and (recently re-released) "other.˝ Just can't make up my mind. I want it mainly for small area drifting. The waterproof part isn't a concern, really. Just want to know how this car performs, especially utilizing the 370 motor. I know I could go Mamba with it, but will the drivetrain hold up to this? I also want to run lipo. How much really has to be upgraded? This is a nice inexpensive car, but is barely in the "hobby grade" realm. I also wondered if the micro RS4 aftermarket bodies fit this car? How much bigger is the 1/16th Fiesta? Do either have the aftermarket support of the "other" car? If the 1/16th isn't too big I may go that way.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    I like this little latrax, and say it is definitely hobby grade because of the amount of upgrades already available, and probably more to come. It is a nice size, and handles fairly well. I don't think the micro rs4 bodies will fit, because i think this is slightly longer and wider. Here is a comparison with my 1/16 rally:

If i had to choose between 1/18 and 1/16 i would always go 1/16 (i've got a mini e-revo as 1/16 rally) because with bigger size, comes better performance. However, the 1/18, for its size, is a blast to drive, especially with upgraded power system and shocks.

Another thing to bear in mind if you want to drift is the 1/16 rally comes with half grip / half drift tyres on it, which i find good fun. Whereas the 1/18 Rally comes with grippier slicks. Any other questions, ask away!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    What size wheels are on the 1/16th rally? Just asking because I am buying a roller without wheels. Getting a clear body and some RPM and aluminum hop ups right from the start. I want to use as a drifter and want to make sure I get the right size. Are they the same 26mm standard wheels that are on most 1/10 scale road cars?

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I think most 1/10 wheels will fit, but the right offset for the body you choose is quite important. I use 6mm offset for Camaro, 3mm for mustang or stock rally body.

RC Champion
    Thanks a lot! Nothing worse than waiting and waiting for a part to come in and it doesn't fit or work right. I don't have a hobby shop really close by so it makes it hard sometimes to know if I'm getting the right thing. I'm getting close to making up my mind. All I need to have a mini E-Revo is different tires/wheels, body, bumper, and maybe beefed up tranny, correct? Could be a all-around fun vehicle!

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!

RC Qualifier
    Add to that list a-arms and drive shafts. Definitely a fun platform, but personally I can't be bothered converting them now and again so I have an on-road version and an off-road version.

RC Champion
    Oh yeah, forgot about the a-arms. I finally pulled the trigger on my mini. Found a like-new roller with aluminum heat sink motor mount, aluminum adjustable toe links, and Integy piggyback shocks. I also picked up red RPM F & R A-arms, red RPM F & R axle carriers, a clear Fiesta body, and a set of red/chrome drift wheels/tires from theToyz. Look for a build thread soon!

RC Qualifier
    Good man! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Fiesta and focus bodies are like the only ones I haven't done for that platform... Must get round to it sometime..