Thread: xo-1 project

RC Enthusiast

xo-1 project

i have heard that you can build your own xo-1 from the ground up and costing cheaper than buying it already together...i am new to this hobbie world and i would like to try and do a compleat build...but i have no idea on like what parts to get

RC Champion
    You might be able to if you put in cheaper or smaller electronics and tires.

For example, you could buy the following and have a cheap xo-1 that would hit around 70-75 consistently:
    - XO-1 roller and body
    - cheap suprasales buggy slicks
    - hobbywing 150A ESC
    - tacon 4074 2000 kv motor
    - any cheap servo
    - any cheap 2.4ghz radio
    - 6s lipo

For the full experience though, you may as well just get the rtr version.

RC Racer
    That's what I'd recommend. Get the rtr version especially seeing as you are new to the hobby.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflex209 View Post
    i have heard that you can build your own xo-1 from the ground up and costing cheaper than buying it already together...i am new to this hobbie world and i would like to try and do a compleat build...but i have no idea on like what parts to get
    I pretty much build all my rc from the ground up but, before I start building I study the exploded view then go from there. I buy most of my parts off ebay chop shop. Its really not saving you any money but buying it parts by parts seems cheaper but at the end its about the same as RTR. It was cheaper on me cuase I have all the electronic (esc, motor) and lipo batts.

sent via samsung light using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex209 View Post
    Chop shops wouldn't make money if this was the case. The parts are worth more than the whole. However, if you are patient and search long enough you could find what you need and want and build something very nice for around the same price. It's all about being smart with your money.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I pretty much build all my rc from the ground up but, before I start building I study the exploded view then go from there. I buy most of my parts off eBay chop shop. Its really not saving you any money but buying it parts by parts seems cheaper but at the end its about the same as RTR. It was cheaper on me cause I have all the electronic (esc, motor) and lipo batts.
    Studying the exploded view is a very good recommendation. I did that when I made my T-Maxx into a Revo--granted I sold off the parts that were not the same and bought what I needed. In the end I probably came out even to a new Revo.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    The beauty of building one from the ground up is you can spread the cost over time. You can acquire parts as you can afford them. It also allows you to become very familiar with the car and how it works. And for me, the build is just as exciting as unboxing a new rtr.

Jeremy
    Jeremy