Thread: Lights

RC Competitor

Lights

I decided to add headlights and tail lights so I can drive at night. This may be the single best improvement that I made to the Telly.

This was great until the first time that I took off the body and forgot about the wires and pulled out the connectors. I could have just replaced the connector, but I know that I would forget and rip it out again.

I cut out some metal contacts from a cookie tin and glued them to the rear body mount and to the inside of the body. Now I don't have to worry anymore. When the body is on, the lights are connected.

Lights on the Telly:

Contact setup on the rear body mount and on the inside of the body shell:

RC Qualifier

Nice mod.... I did almost thesame thing before but its for my overtray fan.
    Btw what led you used for the headlight?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    That is a great solution, have to keep it in mind when i will make the lights on my Telly;
    Altho i think i will go for bumper lights in summit bumpers
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekworking View Post
    I decided to add headlights and tail lights so I can drive at night. This may be the single best improvement that I made to the Telly.

This was great until the first time that I took off the body and forgot about the wires and pulled out the connectors. I could have just replaced the connector, but I know that I would forget and rip it out again.

I cut out some metal contacts from a cookie tin and glued them to the rear body mount and to the inside of the body. Now I don't have to worry anymore. When the body is on, the lights are connected.

Lights on the Telly:

Contact setup on the rear body mount and on the inside of the body shell: