Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    haha theres always overclocking maybe ill build a second pc with the amd and keep the intel desktop for overclocking and possibly hackintosh . im still unsure about amd i have always been an intel fan but you have to sell your soul to buy a good intel cpu

At the end of the day, they're just CPUs. I've done Hackintosh builds myself, they require a LOT of tweaking and tuning and not to mention all your hardware must be compatible.
    Rustler VXL | Slash | Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbrothers View Post
    At the end of the day, they're just CPUs. I've done Hackintosh builds myself, they require a LOT of tweaking and tuning and not to mention all your hardware must be compatible.
    ive tried about 17 different hackintosh versions (no joke) on my core 2 duo 8gb ram nvidia geforce 8400gs system with no luck so iv pretty much given up on the idea
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

RC Champion
    hey traxxasbrothers. Im looking on canadacomuters right now and all I can find on that r7 260x graphics card is a msi version along with a couple others. does it matter what brand it is? since all the chip sets are the same
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    ive tried about 17 different hackintosh versions (no joke) on my core 2 duo 8gb ram nvidia geforce 8400gs system with no luck so iv pretty much given up on the idea
    Haha yeep. They can be a pain! You have to make sure you have all the right drivers/kexts and yeah, very tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    hey traxxasbrothers. Im looking on canadacomuters right now and all I can find on that r7 260x graphics card is a msi version along with a couple others. does it matter what brand it is? since all the chip sets are the same
    Brand doesn't matter to be honest. Some brands have a factory overclock, usually marked with OC which means they overclock the card a bit for you. Asus, MSI, Sapphire, Gigabyte are all good brands. I've heard about issues with Powercolor (especially) and XFX, although XFX usually uses a metal casing instead of most brand's plastic casing and I believe XFX has a lifetime warranty.

RC Racer
    i should also mention i request all my computer parts have some aspect of blue to go with my pc theme and i also want every possible part to be asus

RC Champion
    lol I guess I will have to be getting that graphic card sooner then later. my screen has been hashed up about twice in the last day. and upon coming back on the computer saying the ati driver stoped working.

must be all my awesome songs getting to it

RC Racer
    i just found a very nice deal on a motherboard http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-DP55SB...item2a36ff08f9 i was watching some youtube video and this chip can play modern games at nice setting with a gtx 560 so ill think ill get that and the board and i should be good

RC Champion
    i just found a very nice deal on a motherboard http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-DP55SB...item2a36ff08f9 i was watching some youtube video and this chip can play modern games at nice setting with a gtx 560 so ill think ill get that and the board and i should be good
    Board looks good. I've had GTX 560s, they are only *really* worth it if it's the 560 ti. Otherwise, you could get better for the price. Unless you have a 560 laying around, I'd get a 660 or something.

RC Racer
    Board looks good. I've had GTX 560s, they are only *really* worth it if it's the 560 ti. Otherwise, you could get better for the price. Unless you have a 560 laying around, I'd get a 660 or something.
    id love to but im 15 and its hard enough for me to come up with the $100 for the 560 the 660 is about $175 i dont have a job and i dont get an allowance. so i have to be very savvy with my money but i buy and resell stuff so you never know if i can get enough money id love to get the 660.

RC Champion
    id love to but im 15 and its hard enough for me to come up with the $100 for the 560 the 660 is about $175 i dont have a job and i dont get an allowance. so i have to be very savvy with my money but i buy and resell stuff so you never know if i can get enough money id love to get the 660.
    I know what you mean. I'm 16, but have a part time job as a Computer Technician. Hey, if you can get a 560 for $100. Do it.

RC Racer
    I know what you mean. I'm 16, but have a part time job as a Computer Technician. Hey, if you can get a 560 for $100. Do it.
    well i turn 16 in February so if i can get a job then ill get the gtx 680 and a new i7 i have a guaranteed internship in the it building my dad works at as soon as i turn 16 but internships are only good for experience

RC Enthusiast
    I recommend the i7-4770k haswell I am using it in my current gamer build that's liquid cooled my specs are -
    i7-4770k Haswell
    32gig Mushkin Ram
    radeon 7970 with 3G DDR5
    Gigabyte GA-z87x-UD5H mobo
    Corsair H90 cooling
    Lian li case
    256gig SSD
    3TB secondary HDD
    23" Asus 3D passive monitor with glasses
    Total cost $2,200

i7-4770k is a beast I can multibox with ISBOXER 12 accounts and use 16% cpu, 25% ram still have 60fps, when I run 1 acct I have 300-700FPS http://puu.sh/55l5v

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Summit2 View Post
    I recommend the i7-4770k haswell I am using it in my current gamer build that's liquid cooled my specs are -
    i7-4770k Haswell
    32gig Mushkin Ram
    radeon 7970 with 3G DDR5
    Gigabyte GA-z87x-UD5H mobo
    Corsair H90 cooling
    Lian li case
    256gig SSD
    3TB secondary HDD
    23" Asus 3D passive monitor with glasses
    Total cost $2,200

i7-4770k is a beast I can multibox with ISBOXER 12 accounts and use 16% cpu, 25% ram still have 60fps, when I run 1 acct I have 300-700FPS http://puu.sh/55l5v
    I don't know if I should get the 4770k. I will never use a i7 to it's full potential and a i5 seems like a good choice. I can overclock the heck out of it, and current games will never utilize 8 threads, let alone 4 cores. Just seems wasted.

I'll use the money to get a better motherboard, Asus Maximus VI Formula as well as I'll need to money to do my custom loop.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'm considering the NZXT 530 because of the fact that...
    It's cheap, it has great watercooling support (360mm rad up top, 240mm at bottom), great reviews, modular and lots of cable management room. Which is sort of a must need, I like my cable management
    I build Personal/Gaming PCs myself. Over the years i've purchased many different brands with pro's and con's. I finally made the spill and purchased a NZXT Technologies Phantom 630 Case CA-PH630-G1 Gun Metal. I've been using this bad boy since September of last year. This is my first case to have the PSU mounted at the bottom and i've always wanted one with that. Why the heck would you want your power cord from the top?! lol It also has many expansion bays and you can put gobs of drives in there to. I also like the use of the 200mm fans, as they run quieter. It is a full ATX tower.

When I purchased this tower I also did a little updating and picked up a 240GB SSD drive (Corsair Force Series GT). My boot time and PC performance is awesome now. I boot up in Windows in less than 15s. I havent seen that kind of boot time since NT and XP. haha I was so impressed with this I purchased another 240GB SSD drive (Samsung 840 Evo Series). So far I have been impressed with both. I run a dual booting system with WIN-7/ WIN-8.

@ reod12x2, it doesnt take much to fill them if you have tons of media, like pics, music and videos. LOL heck even games these days. haha

My CPU preference is AMD with an ASUS MB and NVIDIA Graphix card.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I don't know if I should get the 4770k. I will never use a i7 to it's full potential and a i5 seems like a good choice. I can overclock the heck out of it, and current games will never utilize 8 threads, let alone 4 cores. Just seems wasted.

I'll use the money to get a better motherboard, Asus Maximus VI Formula as well as I'll need to money to do my custom loop.
    Battlefield 4 will use 8 threads. It will use all cores on an AMD 8 core, it will use all 6 cores and and 2 hyperthreads of the first 2 cores on a 6 core intel, and all 4 cores and 4 hyperthreads on an i7 quad core. .
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I build Personal/Gaming PCs myself. Over the years i've purchased many different brands with pro's and con's. I finally made the spill and purchased a NZXT Technologies Phantom 630 Case CA-PH630-G1 Gun Metal. I've been using this bad boy since September of last year. This is my first case to have the PSU mounted at the bottom and i've always wanted one with that. Why the heck would you want your power cord from the top?! lol It also has many expansion bays and you can put gobs of drives in there to. I also like the use of the 200mm fans, as they run quieter. It is a full ATX tower.

When I purchased this tower I also did a little updating and picked up a 240GB SSD drive (Corsair Force Series GT). My boot time and PC performance is awesome now. I boot up in Windows in less than 15s. I havent seen that kind of boot time since NT and XP. haha I was so impressed with this I purchased another 240GB SSD drive (Samsung 840 Evo Series). So far I have been impressed with both. I run a dual booting system with WIN-7/ WIN-8.

@ reod12x2, it doesnt take much to fill them if you have tons of media, like pics, music and videos. LOL heck even games these days. haha

My CPU preference is AMD with an ASUS MB and NVIDIA Graphix card.
    It's not only about the power cord being at the top, but you also mess up the whole balance of the case lol. Lower center of gravity is always better. :P

SSDs are truely amazing, then if you ever experienced a ram disk... think SSDs x20.... oh god they're fast. But I have to ask, what did you think about the NZXT case? Built quality good? I've practically used every brand lol, (to a certain extent) but never NZXT.
    Last edited by traxxasbrothers; 01-31-2014 at 02:53 PM.

RC Champion
    PSU at the top means less heat inside the case. Just food for thought.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    It's not only about the power cord being at the top, but you also mess up the whole balance of the case lol. Lower center of gravity is always better. :P

SSDs are truely amazing, then if you ever experienced a ram disk... think SSDs x20.... oh god they're fast. But I have to ask, what did you think about the NZXT case? Built quality good? I've practically used every brand lol, (to a certain extent) but never NZXT.
    iv got a buddy who wants to trade his intel core i3-530, motherboard for it and 4gb of ddr3 for my i5 ill update you guys on weather it works out or not

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

I'm like you i've owned many over the years. The quality build is very good. It is steel so its a much tougher one. I've had aluminum too, which I enjoy the lightness of them. They arent as easy to find anymore either. I'm guessing because to many people stripped threads into the mounting holes. LOL All the bays have quick mount and release slides. Also you can mount a couple SSDs behind the MB, which I did. They are still easily accessible because that side door is easy to remove. If I remember correctly it has 2- 200mm fans included and one more option to mount one up top, which I picked another one up for <$20 at Fry's. It also has 3-140mm fans to. You can control the fan speed if you want them at full speed or slower. If you buy the next level up it has LED's on the outside of the case. I believe it was $50 or so more. I couldnt justify that cost. I can add my own much cheaper. I also heard people complaining about the quality or how they were mounted. Everything else in the case seems very legit and good quality. One of the last best things is the front door, which i've had cases and I'm sure you have to is they can be very cheap or cheesy. This one is very rugged and very sound. I think it will last a good while to.

I'll see if I can grab a pic and post up my setup this evening. I might have a pic on my phone, cant remember. LOL

Being this is a full server case there is tons of room. If you have the room to put the case its very worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    PSU at the top means less heat inside the case. Just food for thought.
    Hmmmmmm........The case has a big 200mm fan right beside the PSU. I have it pulling the air out. Also a fan at the front pulling fresh cooler air in, and fans at the back drawing the heat out. My last case had internal temp probes and I had them in different locations. One at the PSU and another close to the PSU. I also have an IR temp gun and it stays pretty cool where it is now.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    lol im starting to get it digger.

just downloaded a season. 11 tv shows at about 1.5gb each 16.5gbs and there is going to be about 2 more episodes so 19.5gb
    I understand now.

RC Racer
    ok guys so i got the board and the i3 but the board is a btx form factor anyone know any good btx gaming cases or just btx cases that look cool? also is it possible to turn and atx case into a btx case somehow? i got about 4 atx system laying around to experiment on. thanks

RC Champion
    ok guys so i got the board and the i3 but the board is a btx form factor anyone know any good btx gaming cases or just btx cases that look cool? also is it possible to turn and atx case into a btx case somehow? i got about 4 atx system laying around to experiment on. thanks
    BTX eh?
    Only one that comes to mind is the Thermaltake armour 8000

RC Racer
    BTX eh?
    Only one that comes to mind is the Thermaltake armour 8000
    that's a pretty nice case thanks and i actually got the whole computer but its small form factor so i cant put a gtx 560 in it lol the cards half the size of the systemXD

RC Racer
    ok i finally found one in stock but im wondering is this the right price? i saw one for $340 http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-ar...0mm-black.html in case you haven't noticed im very cheap i built my current system (including monitors and keyboard) for just under $200 no joke.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HPE750 View Post
    Not much into building computers anymore... Moved on to RC! The last case I built a Rig with was an Xigmatek Elysium. It is a monster! I have gotten rid of it since then and..... well just keep laptops around now. I do have an "mini" Media Center PC though that is rigged to MAX! It is running one of the newer i7's (UN-needed for my movie watching) and two Nvidia cards that are in SLI, I want to say that they are 660 TI but not 1005 sure. O, can't forget about the cool sutff! It also has 1 Crucial M500 SSD with (4) 1TB drives (also UN-needed) so I just need to setup my Comcast/Xfinity router to allow FTP into my movies files so I can stream on the go!

Only will build using Cooler Master cases now days, they set the line for me in quality. But then again I have only used Cooler Master and Xigmatek....
    Anyways back to your build, in my "fair" opinion stick with Evga cards. I miss AMD being ahead of the game but they fell off, and fell off pretty darn hard a few years back. Not one computer in my home runs AMD anymore, they WERE great but Intel took a huge chunk. Almost any AMD cards I had driver issues, they drove me nuts but I loved em'! Don't get the very top of the line in things but I have found getting higher price stuff (Asus over Gigabyte) usually turns out better 6 months down the road. Also create an Image after your build of your PC so when she gets slow in 5 months just re-image (restore points take up room)....
    You know, I'd like to go nvidia.... but I'm I mine litecoins. Only AMD cards can hash litecoins.
    If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency

RC Racer
    hey guys i got the pc all setup put in 16gb of ram and it runs awesome for being so small! i noticed my cpu temps were 22celsius i just wanted to know if thats a good temp for the i3-530? im loving how this thing is silent for an oem im very impressed

RC Racer
    hey guys i got the pc all setup put in 16gb of ram and it runs awesome for being so small! i noticed my cpu temps were 22celsius i just wanted to know if thats a good temp for the i3-530? im loving how this thing is silent for an oem im very impressed
    ok i just stress tested it at 100% cpu load and 100% ram usage for 40 minutes the max temp the cpu got to was 45 Celsius

Built my gaming rig a while ago. Can't remember the motherboard I used. I know it's a Biostar with no on-board video. I used to have a 6850 HD Radeon in there. Bumped it up to a 760 nVidia. 16Gb ram 128gb SSD 330mb/s Write 550mb/s Read. 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache Western Digital HDD. AMD FX-6100 6-Core (OC) 3.9Ghz. Antec 300 5 x 120mm Fans 3x 80mm fans. AOC 21.5" monitor, AOC 23" Monitor.

Steam is my best friend.

RC Racer
    actually i might keep his case anyone know of a nice small form factor graphics card? iv been eyeing the asus gtx 670 direct cu mini it has to be very small about 1/3 as tall as a normal graphics card.

RC Champion
    actually i might keep his case anyone know of a nice small form factor graphics card? iv been eyeing the asus gtx 670 direct cu mini it has to be very small about 1/3 as tall as a normal graphics card.
    The GTX 670 mini would probably be your best bet.

My orders have just came in, I made some modifications to my list and to check off the list...

i7 4770k 3.4ghz - OC to 4.5ghz
    Corsair Vengeance Pro (Red) 16GB - 2133 ✓
    Asus Maximus Hero motherboard
    NZXT H440 Case
    2x 240GB Crucial M500 SSD ✓
    EVGA or Asus GTX 770 4GB
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD ✓
    Corsair TX750M Power supply ✓
    Corsair AF120 x4 fans

Other parts:

24" Asus Monitor ✓
    Corsair K30 Raptor keyboard ✓
    Corsair M40 Mouse ✓
    Logitech G930 wireless headset ✓
    Corsair Compact mousepad ✓
    Windows 7 Ultimate ✓

Now... hopefully I can place the order for the motherboard and CPU soon, and then the case when it comes out.

RC Racer

My orders have just came in, I made some modifications to my list and to check off the list...

NZXT H440 Case
    EVGA or Asus GTX 770 4GB
    Corsair AF120 x4 fans

Other parts:

24" Asus Monitor ✓
    Corsair M40 Mouse ✓
    Windows 7 Ultimate ✓

Now... hopefully I can place the order for the motherboard and CPU soon, and then the case when it comes out.
    looks like its gonna be a really nice system! im very jelous please keep use posted and ofcorse post pics of the build

RC Racer

NZXT H440 Case
    EVGA or Asus GTX 770 4GB
    Corsair AF120 x4 fans

Other parts:

24" Asus Monitor ✓
    Corsair M40 Mouse ✓
    Windows 7 Ultimate ✓

also if your looking for some more bling you might want to consider this bad boy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131992 it has pretty much the same features but its just so shiny!. on a side note i found out the gtx 670 direct cu mini wont fit my case apparently to fit my case the card needs to be under 3 inches tall! but i did find 2 cards small enough in my price range i found a gtx 650 but im not sure if it will be as powerful as its fullsized brother. so its either the gtx 650 1gb http://www.ebay.com/itm/321299326438...84.m1423.l2649 or the gt 640 2gb gddr5 http://www.ebay.com/itm/171237008087...84.m1423.l2649. im unsure which to get please help me decide.

RC Champion
    also if your looking for some more bling you might want to consider this bad boy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131992 it has pretty much the same features but its just so shiny!. on a side note i found out the gtx 670 direct cu mini wont fit my case apparently to fit my case the card needs to be under 3 inches tall! but i did find 2 cards small enough in my price range i found a gtx 650 but im not sure if it will be as powerful as its fullsized brother. so its either the gtx 650 1gb http://www.ebay.com/itm/321299326438...84.m1423.l2649 or the gt 640 2gb gddr5 http://www.ebay.com/itm/171237008087...84.m1423.l2649. im unsure which to get please help me decide.
    This is a red theme lol. And, I'm a huge fan of the Maximus series.

Ok so you need a low profile card. I'm not a huge fan of Zotac cards, they seem to have problems and I'm not too sure about the warranty. I see a lot of computers come in with Zotac cards and have problems. But if you must - I'd go with the 1GB 650

RC Racer
    This is a red theme lol. And, I'm a huge fan of the Maximus series.

Ok so you need a low profile card. I'm not a huge fan of Zotac cards, they seem to have problems and I'm not too sure about the warranty. I see a lot of computers come in with Zotac cards and have problems. But if you must - I'd go with the 1GB 650
    alright yeah i hate to have to go with zotac but it really is the only small form factor gtx 650 under 3 inch's that i have seen. im very good at maintaining my systems i dust them out with the air compressor once a month replace thermal paste every 6 months run ccleaner every week run a disk defrag once a month and once very 3 months i take all the systems fans out clean them and oil the motors. my core 2 duo system i built almost 5 years ago i replaced one part on it in its lifetime and that was the mobo so i could upgrade to ddr3 about 2 years ago. i have to ask you what do you think of galaxy graphics cards? there cards have been very good to me over the years. also the core 2 duo system is still running antec fans from 9 years ago. do you lap your cpu's? i tried it back when i was still running a pentium D and it made it run about 7 degrees cooler or hotter i guess? and on top of that the cpu looked awesome. id never do this with my i3 of course, i am also a big fan of asus but it costs way to much i guarantee when i get a job ill be building an all asus i5 build.
    Last edited by nathan8856; 02-07-2014 at 03:18 PM.

RC Champion
    alright yeah i hate to have to go with zotac but it really is the only small form factor gtx 650 under 3 inch's that i have seen. im very good at maintaining my systems i dust them out with the air compressor once a month replace thermal paste every 6 months run ccleaner every week run a disk defrag once a month and once very 3 months i take all the systems fans out clean them and oil the motors. my core 2 duo system i built almost 5 years ago i replaced one part on it in its lifetime and that was the mobo so i could upgrade to ddr3 about 2 years ago. i have to ask you what do you think of galaxy graphics cards? there cards have been very good to me over the years. also the core 2 duo system is still running antec fans from 9 years ago.
    My first gaming pc had a Galaxy GTX560 ti. Worked well, no problems and it was at a good price. I don't know how it's doing now because it was sold, but I had no issues when I used it.

RC Racer
    My first gaming pc had a Galaxy GTX560 ti. Worked well, no problems and it was at a good price. I don't know how it's doing now because it was sold, but I had no issues when I used it.
    when i built my core 2 duo machine i got a galaxy geforce 8400gs 512mb and i had that thing overclocked to the maximum it would possibly over clock befor eit self imploded (i litterally would overclock it till the screen went fuzzy then back off 1mhz at a time till it got better i believe it sometimes ran in the high 80's to low 90's with a load). and its still kicking today overclocked since day one for 5 years straight.

RC Racer
    ok i hate to keep posting on the thread so much but i believe i have just found option number 3 for my graphics card what do you think of this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...td.-_-14161418 let me know

RC Champion
    ok i hate to keep posting on the thread so much but i believe i have just found option number 3 for my graphics card what do you think of this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...td.-_-14161418 let me know
    To compare....
    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-77...eForce-GTX-650

Looks almost too close to call.

RC Champion
    hey guys how hard is it to switch out the graphics card? do a swap turn on computer and put in the driver cd?

mine is for what ever reason losing its color control now

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    hey guys how hard is it to switch out the graphics card? do a swap turn on computer and put in the driver cd?

mine is for what ever reason losing its color control now

Really easy. Turn off the PC, depending on the graphics card there may be power connectors so unplug those if you have them, unscrew the mount from the expansion slots on the case, push down the lever on the PCIe slot and it should just slide out.

Then put the new one in, just like you took the old one out. Without drivers, the card will run as a standard VGA input so hopefully your old drivers wont interfere. I'd recommend uninstalling the old drivers, then popping in the disk and installing the new card's drivers.