Thread: Range issue

RC Enthusiast

Range issue

I bought a slayer a few weeks ago. I have had great fun with it. Unfortunately its been a little cold and snowy out so its been in the house for most of the time. I had some time and I found a parking lot with some dry asphalt so I took it out a couple of days ago and again today. In both bashing sessions, I noticed that the distance that my transmitter reaches is not to far, I would say probably no more than 200 ft. I have a slash and it works for almost 500 ft. so I am a little surprised to see this. I tried changing the batteries in the transmitter and receiver with no improvement. Is this normal or is there something I can do to increase the range?

RC Competitor
    Is the attena pushed far enough up the tube?
    --
    Richard
    ERBE && Slayer Pro

RC Enthusiast
    Yes. It extends all the way up and there is some gathered together in the receiver box but....

RC Enthusiast
    Ive noticed samething with my rusty

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    open up your receiver and look to see if the antena is still soldered on, it's happened to me a bunch of times, if you accidentaly pull the antena too hard, then it will break off. In that case just buy another receiver.

hope this helps
    this costs too much money

RC Qualifier
    Also check the aerial itself hasn't been damaged.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Quote Originally Posted by KCWCK55 View Post
    open up your receiver and look to see if the antena is still soldered on, it's happened to me a bunch of times, if you accidentaly pull the antena too hard, then it will break off. In that case just buy another receiver.

hope this helps
    I'd try to fix the antenna first (if it came unsoldered from the board) before dropping the $$ on buying a new Rx. The coaxial antennas are a little more involved in how they are soldered to the board but can be repaired none the less. There's a few how to's on the internet about how coaxial 2.4ghz antennas work and how to hook them up.

RC Enthusiast
    Not that I pulled the cover off the receiver but I did open up the water proof cover and looked at the antenna. It is free of kinks or anything. I did notice that the top of the antenna wasnt put together correct. I haven't had it out yet since we are in the 10 degree temp range outside. LOl