RC Enthusiast

TRX-1 &TRX-3 are back

So I dug out my old 1 & 3 about a month ago. How come we can never just mothball a complete roller. There is always something really silly missing. One front wheel. One half of a half shaft. No gear cover or the one you do have has been canibalized to fit a hydra-drive. Anyway. Got the 1 up and running. Tires were a B though. TBG had a body. Raided my old hobby shop's Traxxas dust bin and found some stuff. I found two MIP outdrives but only one dog bone! Bummer. Waiting for the carbon parts from fybre-lyte. Factoryworks (A & L) has some stuff like bellcranks, power clutch, might even have the Lethal Weapon belt drive transmission. Think they have dog bones very similar to the old MIP #425. I will get some pictures up if antone is interested. Winter sucks. I want to rip it up on some offroad action. Probably should post them over in the vintage electric photo gallery.

RC Enthusiast
    Most of the parts for the TRX-3 are almost here. I couldn't help it and pretty much restored the TRX-1 already. I stumbled onto the forums a little late and do not have before pics of the 1. Will be running an AE B3 body on the 3. I've been having some luck finding parts and "hop-ups". Got some dogbones coming, carbon decks and towers, etc. That front bulkhead (2630) is very elusive however. I have one but it's a little slpoppy in the pin holes. Basically I want to.run these bad mambajambas because they want to run free. No bashing though that would be silly. Stay tuned. Pics. I know.

TOTALLY STOKED ABOUT IT!

Mark

RC Champion
    Cool, post up some pics when you can. I got a Trx1 project, I have yet to start on.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Enthusiast
    All,

Here are some pics of my TRX1 and TRX3. Just finished refurbishing them. TRX1 body is a TBG repro. A&L bellcrank also on the TRX1. Everything else is bone stock. LRP Indy 600 and JR electronics (receiver is not installed).

The TRX3 is in "roller" status and has BB steering, Lunsford Ti turnbuckles, FibreLyte upper and lower decks, and A&L dogbones. Do have AE B3 body but I am in the process of dialing the trim job on it. Also picked up a new LRP IPC 3.1 for it. Also have wing, wire, and wing tubes (not installed). I'll keep it updated as I progress.

Want to run 6-7 cell NiMH with stock brushed setup. Trying to "keep it real". Don't want to rod the tar out of them.

Got the TRX1 for Christmas 1991 and the TRX3 in 1994 (needed a barracks project when I was in the Army). Love these things and want to race them but I live in the middle of nowhere and bashing isn't an option.

Hope the pics link as advertised. If not, I guess I'm "that guy".

Enjoy?

-Mark-

RC Enthusiast
    im super jelous!

RC Champion
    Nice VTG rides for sure!
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    That carbon fiber looks great! Another reason why I'm using it for 70's Phase II.

I've always been a fan of the TRX-1. How's it perform on the track?
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Competitor
    Wow had no idea you could still get those A&L Slippers. Forgot all about them. I'm gonna put one on my SRT. Do you know what spur gears work with them?

RC Qualifier
    Any pre- 2006 Rustler, Bandit, or Stampede spur should work fine.

RC Competitor
    Is that pre-vxl spurs with allthe holes?

RC Qualifier
    Yes. 1994-2005 Rustler gears should work. 4-TEC (electric) also would work.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...-Spur-Gear-84T Start there.