Traxxas Employee

Best rudder rate settings?

What's the best setting for rudder? It defaults to 50. I've been flying at 73 following an expert's advice. (It must be perfect because its 73 not 75 ) I like how 73 spins but I turn smoother at the default setting.

In expert mode, I've been creeping the rates up as I've learned to not over react. I've left rudder at 73 on rate too. Should I set it higher? I still do not turn smoothly in expert mode.

I've tried to hover a small collective pitch helicopter and the experience of higher alias rates in expert mode helped. But then I thought 'bet I could hover upside down' -- the helicopter doesn't fly quite right now.

I felt the default rudder was too slow and turned mine up to 75 and am very happy withit. If 73 is good then 75 is better
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by zengerg View Post
    What's the best setting for rudder? It defaults to 50. I've been flying at 73 following an expert's advice. (It must be perfect because its 73 not 75 ) I like how 73 spins but I turn smoother at the default setting.

In expert mode, I've been creeping the rates up as I've learned to not over react. I've left rudder at 73 on rate too. Should I set it higher? I still do not turn smoothly in expert mode.

I've tried to hover a small collective pitch helicopter and the experience of higher alias rates in expert mode helped. But then I thought 'bet I could hover upside down' -- the helicopter doesn't fly quite right now.
    Different strokes for different folks! You have to go with what you are comfortable with and it depends on your flying style. I set my rudder at 70% in "Fast" mode and 65% in "Expert". You can check out my videos in the "Official LaTrax Alias Video Thread" and on YouTube. Works for me!
    Last edited by Propsmoke; 01-27-2014 at 09:33 PM.

It's super easy to change, so try a few different settings and see what you like. Personally I like a super-sensitive setup on mine and run Expert mode with 90% rudder and 100% on elev / ail settings.