Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70

    XO-1 building help

    I'm about to start building an XO-1 from the ground up with the original parts. Is there anything I absolutely need to upgrade?

  2. #2
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20
    Shim all 4 a-arms a must !!!...Balance all tires...E-Maxx HD Servo saver spring..Part number 4945

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    The only thing I can think of that might be a need is the taller battery hold down pieces. Other than that, there are no other need to have items. There are tweaks you can do here and there, but you can wait until it's built to decide what else you'd like to do.

    Jeremy
    Jeremy

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Northbound View Post
    E-Maxx HD Servo saver spring..Part number 4945
    What exactly does this improve ? Thanks

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Northbound View Post
    Shim all 4 a-arms a must !!!...Balance all tires...E-Maxx HD Servo saver spring..Part number 4945
    What do I need to shim them with? What do I use to balance tires? What's the servo saver spring for? Thanks!

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Totally forgot about balancing the wheels. That is a must. I use modeling clay.

    Jeremy
    Jeremy

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Totally forgot about balancing the wheels. That is a must. I use modeling clay.

    Jeremy
    What do you use to balance them on though?

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenh24 View Post
    What do you use to balance them on though?
    I just mounted mine on the front of my 2wd XO and balanced them on there since they spin freely. You can buy a balancer as there are many different ones on the market.

    Jeremy
    Jeremy

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    I just mounted mine on the front of my 2wd XO and balanced them on there since they spin freely. You can buy a balancer as there are many different ones on the market.

    Jeremy
    Could I use my rustler front end to balance them on?

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    As long as your Ruster has 17mm hexes, I donít see why not.

    Jeremy
    Jeremy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •