RC Enthusiast

Need Advice on Motor,Esc for 2wd Xo-1

Hey guys...

Need some help..What would be the smallest motor that could run the Xo..Could a Castle 2400 do it !!!
    I was thinking going 4s only on my 2wd.

Any advice would be great...

RC Champion
    I've run a 2150kv motor for high speed runs in my 2wd. Got pretty hot with 4s and about 85 mph. Just have to watch temps closely.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply Ponie..The speed I,m looking for is maybe 60-70ish..Just a fun parking lot car...I,ll leave the 100mph for the 4wd car...Thinking a 2200kv...With a 29t..That should get me there or close....

RC Champion
    I believe I was running a 1:1 gear ratio and didn't hit full throttle. Even with a 29t pinion, I'd still keep a close eye on temps. 65 mph should be no problem at all.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    I believe I was running a 1:1 gear ratio and didn't hit full throttle. Even with a 29t pinion, I'd still keep a close eye on temps. 65 mph should be no problem at all.

Jeremy
    65mph will work for me..Just ordered a 2200kv & a Mamba monster extreme...If all else fails..I,ll just buy a 1650kv for my 2 legged XO..Now I just need wheels ,,4 bearings & 2 front stub axles and shes done...Oh and the snow to melt !!!!!

RC Champion
    We need some pics of this beast! I love my 2wd XO. For me, it's more enjoyable to drive than my 4wd. At least for high speeds anyway.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    We need some pics of this beast! I love my 2wd XO. For me, it's more enjoyable to drive than my 4wd. At least for high speeds anyway.

Jeremy
    Jeremy,
    I did a quick 2WD test with my XO. How are you managing the throttle application and loss of breaking.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie L View Post
    Jeremy,
    I did a quick 2WD test with my XO. How are you managing the throttle application and loss of breaking.
    I'm real easy on the throttle until the tires warm up. Once they get warm, you can get into it a little faster. Just be careful not to come in too fast as it will break the rears loose. I don't like a lot of braking, so it's usually not an issue for me. I just make sure to have plenty of stopping room. I like how a 2wd brakes anyway, cause you don't have the risk of front tires locking up if you brake too hard.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Good info. Thanks!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie L View Post
    Good info. Thanks!
    No problem.

Jeremy
    Jeremy