Thread: custom rc

RC Champion

custom rc

hey I plan on making an rc car that looks like a real racecar. some how I need to mount a trx 3.3 in the front of the chassis. any ideas?

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...3-1024x551.jpg

RC Champion
    Can you tell us a little more? What chassis? Are you wanting it to be exactly like the picture or just have a body that makes it look like one? What materials are you dealing with? Please tell us more.

Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion

RC Champion
    Just hit the little tool button that say image and copy these urls. That way they will show up.

Sorry I can't actually view your chassis. School restrictions. I'll check it out later and see if I can help.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    thanks. my biggest problem is drivetrain and axles.

RC Champion
    any help please

RC Qualifier
    You could use the E-Revo bulk and diff (being a sprint car lock the diff) with Slayer Pro arms, knuckles, pushrods, rockers, shocks and driveshafts. That could fix your diff and drive shaft problem, create a complete rear end and you know it's all going to fit together and work. You could also use the motor mount out of a slash with a dog bone straight to the rear diff. Making a layout to fit the build is going to be difficult let alone making the body, good luck mate.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    I can make the body easily, my prob is axles, like the front axle in my cars I a straight 4 link bar, with coil over springs

RC Qualifier
    Do you need a front axle?

RC Champion

this is the front axle out if my car

RC Qualifier
    And you want to make the RC exactly like that?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    yes down to the last bolt

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Do you have or have access to a machine shop?

Projects such as yours usually require custom parts that just are not available off the shelf.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    yes down to the last bolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Do you have or have access to a machine shop?

Projects such as yours usually require custom parts that just are not available off the shelf.
    Big plus +1 on that, Not tryin to say its impossible, but if you wanna make a scale RC model down to the last bolt, You better hope you have access to a machine shop and the skills/resources to even fab the parts. Not to mention the $$$ involved.

I could see getting some type of chassis platform set up and fabricating a body to look similar, but an actual scale model of it IMO will be a really tough task.

But hey wish you the best on whatever you do.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Champion
    hey what would be the easiest way to mount and electric motor in the front of the car and run a driveshaft to the rear. also do you have any advice on a shock to run without a spring that has rebound and stiffness. I need the rear to be a straight up shock but act as if it has a spring.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    You can run the electric motor up front using a transfer case. Or perhaps a tamiya 3 speed tranny may work for you. It uses a servo to do the shifting, so you would need at least a 3 channel radio. Not sure if this tranny would be fast enough or not. They are typically used in crawler or scale trucks. Also, if you want to have a shock that acts like a shock with no external springs, just put the springs on the inside of the shock body. You'll have to experiment a bit to see what fits. Lowe's carries different spring sizes that you could use depending on how heavy your car is. You have a lot of questions that can only be answered through trial and error. You might benefit from browsing scale forums, as there are a lot more builds like this found on those. Also you're going to need a solid front axle and there is nothing Traxxas makes that will help you. Try Rccrawler.com or Scale4x4.com. I'm sure there are oval track forums out there that could be of service as well. Best of luck. This looks cool! Anything can be done with time, tools, and $$$$$$$........

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - More to come!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-SCX10-...item5403a37f0a

anyone try these. they are a perfect match but don't know how strong they are.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    hey what would be the easiest way to mount and electric motor in the front of the car and run a driveshaft to the rear. also do you have any advice on a shock to run without a spring that has rebound and stiffness. I need the rear to be a straight up shock but act as if it has a spring.
    Perhaps something like this for an electric motor mount.

Perhaps something like this for an electric motor mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-R-C-TK...item1e85fa7732

OR

http://largescalenews.com/2012/01/lo...n-from-skopod/
    Last edited by cMc214; 02-07-2014 at 01:42 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cMc214 View Post
    I am probably going to get the 1/5th scale one, thanks for the help cmc214

RC Champion
    hey guys just got email from my lhs they cut me a sweet deal and im going to get everything I need except axales, tie rods, spring bar, and body. cant wait