Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: E-Revo Upgrades

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    E-Revo Upgrades

    Ive had my E-Revo for about a year and half now and I'm looking to do some major upgrades. I am getting 2 Max Amps 3-cell 6000XL 11.1v LiPo's. other than the batteries I dont know what to get or even where to start for upgrades. If any one could give me any tips it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,784
    Is there a reason you're going with maxamps? I ask because they're quite expensive, and show little to no real-world gains over other companies like SPC. Two of the SPC 5600mah 60C 3s lipos would run you around $120 altogether, and they're designed for the e-revo.

    If you're going to 6s, then it's time for new tires. Check out the proline 3.8 tires, like the trencher x, badlands, and road rage. I'd recommend getting the tires and wheels separate, and taping the tires with gorilla tape so they don't expand.

    Otherwise, what are you unhappy with on the truck?

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb2715 View Post
    Ive had my E-Revo for about a year and half now and I'm looking to do some major upgrades. I am getting 2 Max Amps 3-cell 6000XL 11.1v LiPo's. other than the batteries I dont know what to get or even where to start for upgrades. If any one could give me any tips it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    If i were you, i do this:

    -Coming from 4s to 6s... you will see a good amount of speed diferent and lunatic torque diference. E-Revo will fall apart everywhere from the 6s power. I change everypiece that will break with aftermarket pieces... and in the end of spending +2000$ 4 years later you will get back to the safe and good 4s! :P

    Anyway... if want really the 6s safe on the e-revo change ESC for a sensored system and put throttle managent at max... i mean when you it the trottlhe you will not get wheelies! That will save you e-revo... and if you will jump normal or hard... get yourself new bulkheads and diff's....

    E-revo is to weak for bashing... it is really awesome good looking but for a normal 6s drive style we will kill it!

    If using Comum sense and respect all the laws of fisics it may survive 3 packs with no breakage on 6s!

    IMHO.

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    If i were you, i do this:

    -Coming from 4s to 6s... you will see a good amount of speed diferent and lunatic torque diference. E-Revo will fall apart everywhere from the 6s power. I change everypiece that will break with aftermarket pieces... and in the end of spending +2000$ 4 years later you will get back to the safe and good 4s! :P

    Anyway... if want really the 6s safe on the e-revo change ESC for a sensored system and put throttle managent at max... i mean when you it the trottlhe you will not get wheelies! That will save you e-revo... and if you will jump normal or hard... get yourself new bulkheads and diff's....

    E-revo is to weak for bashing... it is really awesome good looking but for a normal 6s drive style we will kill it!

    If using Comum sense and respect all the laws of fisics it may survive 3 packs with no breakage on 6s!

    IMHO.
    I highly disagree with your statement. It all depends on your skill level. I drive my revo hard but not carelessly and have only broken one driveshaft on 6s after about 15 packs.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7
    I am unhappy with the speed it puts out. I cant keep up with slashs on 4s lipos which I do quite often. It only goes about 40-45mph and Im looking for about the 70 mph range

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,784
    If you're looking for 70mph range, I'd recommend tires that aren't too large or heavy. They would really put a hurt on the driveline.

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7
    What parts would be the best to upgrade and where can i find them?

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,220
    Do a search on here, even look at the first page. There is probably 3 threads on the first page about upgrades. Read the FAQ's. This has been beaten to death lately.

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    490
    6s is not fun when Im bashing. Too much power... That said, if you want 6s, take it easy or youll be splitting drive line parts.

    Rear brace, if not a front too.
    If your racing slashes, its fairly flat stuff. Sway bar.
    Slightly stiffer springs, particularly in the rear.
    Some quality bearings in the diffs. Boca yellows have been my go to for this.
    Look into the LSt diff mod. It may be more than what you want to do, but worth it if you cannot control your trigger finger.
    De-tune the esc. Torque is what kills the revo. You dont need 6s worth of torque. A castle link helps here.
    Get a motor fan and temp gun. 70mph bashing is hard on the motor and esc.
    MIP shafts if money is no object. However if its my money, summit shafts.
    New tires. For that kind of speed, something light and taped. Think badlands, Truggy tires or shockwaves.
    Single servo conversion. 275 Oz/In minimum. If getting a savox, a BEC is worthwhile as savox are amp hogs.
    Bigger slipper. Either the HD slipper, or HR. This helps control some of that torque.
    Ditch the stock hexes. You canot afford the slop at 45+. I like my savage hexes. Simple, cheap, effective.
    A new charger if your still toying with a 50watt charger. 50 watts will take 3-4 hours to charge the pair of lipos you mentioned.
    More pinions/spurs. Plan on playing with different gearing to get the speed you like, while keeping the temps as low.

    And finally.. Ditch the Maxamps. If you get some normal lipos (SPC) you can have everything I listed above for the same price or less and have a much better rig. The revo only needs 150 amps for normal bashing, not 600.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    7,853
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb2715 View Post
    Ive had my E-Revo for about a year and half now and I'm looking to do some major upgrades. I am getting 2 Max Amps 3-cell 6000XL 11.1v LiPo's. other than the batteries I dont know what to get or even where to start for upgrades. If any one could give me any tips it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb2715 View Post
    I am unhappy with the speed it puts out. I cant keep up with slashs on 4s lipos which I do quite often. It only goes about 40-45mph and Im looking for about the 70 mph range
    first what is your gearing with the 4s?? I run 21/54 4s low 50 mph and temps are good except on 100 F days, everything is hot on days like that..

    next if you are looking for 70 mph that is not a good gearing for bashing, only speed runs and letting the motor and ESC cool between runs. Also you will only get that kind of speed with 6s, as you know. That being said this is a hobby you can spend and do what you want. But really the "MA" are over price questionable quality batts.. The maybe not odd or crazy thing. idb all cells are made over seas anyways.........



    $310.00

    shot me a PM if you would like a link discussing MA........
    Last edited by 87 GN; 01-23-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    960
    If you're looking to go 70mph maybe an XO-1 motor/CC1717 with the aftermarket motor plate?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    7
    ive got a revo and the first thing i did was put rpm arms all around then rc solutions rollcage and tvr rear brace and there metal drive shafts also buy the mamba monster 2 waterproof wow talk about leaving your no waterproof buddis behide lol upgrade to single servo with high torque 250 min titanium skidplates gotta love that they spark on pavement and, not loose chucks like aluminum skid plates do ..trenchers x tires on f11's and u got an insane revo oo **** and tape them tires enjoy:coo:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •