RC Enthusiast

Alias spur gears?

This is to the Traxxas employees, who might know something about what's going on. I'm not slamming the company in any way here, I just want to see if there's some kind of answer.

About six weeks ago, I had a rather good spill with the Alias, smucked it into hardwood floor. hard. When I picked it up, I found out that I blew the spur gear apart in four seperate areas. I ordered three sets' worth, but that was almost six weeks ago, and now i'm fiending for a flight with the alias pretty badly here.

I've called up the support line and like usual, they were awesome about sending out a set of spur gears. I even told the guy on the other end of the line, the damage was completely my fault. I dumb-thumbed it. And I give the guy my money.

So, earlier today, I check the hobby shop where I ordered three sets' worth, in case I do something dumb with the alias again.

When I first ordered the spurs, the backorder said Dec 28th. That was cool. Popular quad, it's going to take some time to get parts out. I get that. I check two weeks ago and it said January 15th. Okay. I waited for a while and they're guaranteed to come out then. Today, I check and it now says Feb 15th.

I just want to see if any of the Traxxas employees can shed any light as to why there's been this delay. Are you guys really struggling to get parts out to the distribution channels? Help a brutha out here. Please?

RC Racer
    My LHS has spur gears & motors in stock on the shelf right now.. Saw them there today..

RC Boca Hobbies
    +1 (954) 570-8114

They ship..

RC poster
    Sabin can you not buy from fle-bay. i don't no where you live but i have a few spares if you need i could ship them to you so you can get back in the air..

We have been totally hammered with orders for all Alias parts. We have everything on order, it just takes awhile to get here and get into shops. Soon enough there will be an adequate supply of all parts in the shops. Until then it is just a matter of patience.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Enthusiast
    I have no doubt that you're trying to get a load of everything in stock. I'm also well aware of the fly in the ointment, the dreaded CNY!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    We have been totally hammered with orders for all Alias parts. We have everything on order, it just takes awhile to get here and get into shops. Soon enough there will be an adequate supply of all parts in the shops. Until then it is just a matter of patience.

sure you can't just call up the factory and say "ship whatever you have made right now"?

Traxxas Employee
    Crazy how fast they go.

Sorry about the downtime guys and gals!

We are of course acutely aware of the backorders and working to get parts in as fast as possible. A lot of the employees here (myself included) are avid hobbyists too and hate being down and out no different than anyone else. We appreciate your patience and hope to have everyone back in the air ASAP.

RC Qualifier
    All parts to include charges and batteries are abundant at my LHS. PM me and I can ship you some out. Also available on fleabay
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good