RC poster

moisture inside traxxas 3000mah 8.4v batter

Ok.i just came in from running my car and.my battiliery gots.moisture.in.it.normal?

RC Champion
    My stock nimh batteries had moisture for pretty much the entire time I used them which was for about a year. I would try to blow it out with an air compressor, but if that does not work I would not be too worried about it.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Ok im worried thh beacuse last night i put my battery on my 4 amp traxxas charger and forgotrgot about.it and i and then i remember it and it was so hot i touched u cant touch it and so i just took it off the charger and there was alot of moisture in it i alos just camebin from running.irt pustide cold and then threw it on the charger and it was charged when i remember it was there

RC Champion
    Have you run it in any water?
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Snow.if a cell.is bad.in the battery how would.i know

RC Racer
    3000 mAh. Would be wiser to charge it at 3A instead of 4A. When it starts to get warm during charging, disconnect it.

As for water, if you're playing in snow or water, since the thing is not completely sealed, some moisture will get under the plastic wrapping. You can put the battery in a container with rice to try to dry it out (doesn't work well when I try it), or just use a blow dryer. Leaving it wet allows the internal metal contacts to rust or can potentially short things, so best to let it dry out before charging.