RC poster

Poor Spartan performance at the lake recently

Hello all,

I run a Spartan 5707 with 4000 mah 3c Lipo's. My boat is stock (other then the cooling retro fit). The other day at the lake I noticed if I gave full throttle my spartan would act as if the low voltage detector kicked in. But if I slowly engaged the throttle the boat would pick its acceleration normally. I had a full charged and balanced set of battery packs, also I had the L.V.D. on.

I'm new to this sport and would appreciate feed back from you folks

RC Qualifier
    Try recalibrating your transmitter, check in the battery case, there is a flow chart there for proper calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    Also try re-lubing the flex shaft .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Qualifier
    If you have another set of 4000mah batteries, try running four. Configure your battery set-up for 2batteries in series on one side, and 2batteries in series on the other. Now, it's as if you were running two 8000mah batteries in parallel. There is a chance you need to run your boat with a larger mah rating. My friends boat was doing the same thing as yours, and thats how we cured it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarDude View Post
    If you have another set of 4000mah batteries, try running four. Configure your battery set-up for 2batteries in series on one side, and 2batteries in series on the other. Now, it's as if you were running two 8000mah batteries in parallel. There is a chance you need to run your boat with a larger mah rating. My friends boat was doing the same thing as yours, and thats how we cured it.
    I'm getting ready to get my Spartan running again, would (4) stock Lipos be too much weight for the stock flex cable and prop? I won't be running stock power system...
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    No, the prop will just slip if it is having trouble getting the heavier boat to move, so it won't hurt the flex cable.

I have run with 4 batts in the past. The boat is quite heavy with 4 batts and it affects the hole shot and cornering to some degree, but overall it worked fine.

Watch your temps for first several runs because of the longer run times.

Also, maintain flex shaft after every run, longer run times should be considered the same as two back to back runs, imo.

hog
    Last edited by hog; 01-21-2014 at 09:12 PM.