RC Enthusiast

Sidewinder sct issue with traxxas slash and rustler

Hi everyone I have just purchased 2 sv3 sct combos from castle. I have installed them into my slash and rustler. The problem is I only have steering in the rustler and steering with a bit of very low speed throttle with the slash the throttle then wears off after about 20 seconds then does not work at all. I have tried different batteries and have researched the problem online but cannot figure it out any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RC Champion
    What kind of batteries do you have?

The Castle systems require a ton of amperage from the battery. Almost all NiMh batteries will not work. You need lipo with at least a 25C rating and at least 4,000mah rating. Higher C and mah ratings are recommended.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Enthusiast
    I did try a 3s lipo pack with 30c and that didn't work.. Same results as the stock nimh pack

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas_Slash_VXL View Post
    I did try a 3s lipo pack with 30c and that didn't work.. Same results as the stock nimh pack
    Hmm. Try to reprogram the the ESC and make sure it's set to Lipo. If that doesn't work, contact Castle.

I know for sure it won't run on the stock 7-cell 3000mah NiMh Traxxas battery. On mine it putted and sputtered and stopped.
    All those who believe psychokinesis raise my hand

RC Enthusiast
    Non-Traxxas support question removed. You need to contact the manufacturer of your battery pack, as this sort of product support is not permitted here. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-20-2014 at 06:08 PM.

If you need help with your non-Traxxas ESC, you're going to have to contact the manufacturer of that ESC. Product support for non-Traxxas products is not permitted here.

Thread Closed.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle