RC Competitor

Help with "trash bin build" - turnbuckles too short?

Hey guys,

I bought a bunch of "junk" at a garage sale recently and have managed to find parts for a surprising number of vehicles buried in the bins. So far I've built a running RC10T and an RC18T, but the one I'm most keen on is the 2wd Slash that I have *almost* complete. I went through everything and replaced bent hinge pins, upgraded a few bits from my parts box and put it all together with a Trinity 19T (brushed) motor that was also in the parts bin.

The problem I'm having is that when I get it set up with what looks like the right Toe-In, there aren't enough threads left in the rod ends, so the inboard one on the pax side keeps popping off. The length of the turnbuckles are about 59.3 mm.

As far as I've been able to determine, this is the right length for the steering turnbuckle, so I don't have them confused with the camber turnbuckles… When I have things set up, the rod ends are only getting a couple of turns onto the turnbuckles, and after a few minutes of driving on the street and making u-turns, the passenger side one pops off.

I've tried making sure that the same number of turns are put into each end, and that doesn't seem to be helping.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    do you have a pic of the rod ends and links?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor

Help with "trash bin build" - turnbuckles too short?

The turnbuckles are pretty chewed up from the knucklehead PO using vice grips or something to turn them.

RC Competitor

RC Competitor
    Let me know if a different shot would be helpful.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Not sure, but I thought the slash had long rod ends. Those could just be the wrong ends.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    They look like the ones in the parts diagram... At first I thought maybe the PO mixed up the ends between the camber and toe links but not according to the diagrams