RC poster

Spektrum radio/receiver and XL2.5 compatibilty

After a few recommendations, I got a Spektrum DX2E radio to replace the TQ radio the went bad on me. For some reason, though, I can't get the XL2.5 ESC to go into calibration mode. I've tried it on all three of our Summits and they all do the same thing. The steering works fine, but it doesn't want to respond to the throttle. I even switched them, and the steering works with the servo, but the ESC will not calibrate no matter what. A buddy came by this morning and hooked up his XL5 ESC, and it worked perfect, even without having to calibrate it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I case you ask, I have made sure the adjusters are "neutraled", and made sure everything was where it's supposed to be. I've also changed all the settings and adjustments just to try it, and still nothing. I even took it back to the Hobby store where I bought the radio, and they said they've never had this problem.

My next option is to send the faulty radios back to Traxxas for the trade-in deal. I was hoping to upgrade to a 2.4Ghz radio system instead of staying with the old FM style, though.

BTW, if I put this in the wrong section, I apologize. I just figured since I'm doing this on a 1/16 Summit, I would see if others had a similar issue.
    Matt

RC poster
    Similar thing happened to me with my 1/16 ERevo, had steering but no throttle response and just like you my LHS was stumped as to why it didn't work. The ESC would just fast blink green which is the code for throttle trim I believe. My work around was to use a XL5 from my Slash but even this is not a great because it's way to big for the car and I cannot calibrate the reverse throttle setting.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Try reversing the throttle channel.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Try reversing the throttle channel.
    I finally got it working tonight. Setting up the throttle and brake trim on the DX2E is kind of a pain. After about 12 times setting it I got a decent brake response and then was allowed to calibrate the transmitter to the ESC.