Traxxas LCG /BackSlash

My LCG chassis is on backorder

I am planning on making it into a /BackSlash, but I have not see /BackSlashes out there yet with the Traxxas LCG chassis. Has anyone made one yet (or converted on yet)? With the normal /BackSlash bodies work?

This is for my Snow Slash project, it will have skis in front and paddles in back.

Thanks.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    I don't see why not? You have to try it. That's the only way you will find out is to try it. I'm making a backslash in the future and I'm using the stock chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Traxxas, Team Associated, and Losi!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Looks like the chassis will fit within most buggy body's footprint. The key is getting one to fit between the shock towers.

Would like to find a polycarbonate overtray for the street truck. They dont make one yet, so prob will have to find a buggy body. Next time at the shop, I will post pics of anything worthwhile.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I'm thinking of converting mine too, but is the buggy body that THE JANG used to convert his to a backslash still available? I looked around and it's out of order, is it discontinued?

RC Qualifier
    Ya it's discontinued, about a month ago I posted a body that will fit but can't remember what it was.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

I wish there was a 2wd 1/8 buggy scene. The 4wd buggy bodies are so bulky up front. 2wd buggies should have skinny tires up front, and tight, skinny bodies hugging the chassis in front(JMO). You've 1/10, and 1/ 5 2wd style buggies. Why not 1/8th?
    Anyway, the width of this chassis will fit under any 1/8 buggy body I have seen.

RC Champion
    Now you guys are having the same desires that I did. The Slash is a great truck except for all the debris that ends up in the pan. That's why I went with this chassis.

My only issue with this so far is that its not completely enclosed. But after the last couple days of getting to run it in the Grass/Mud not to much has made it inside the chassis. Not enough to add any weight. I see a couple other companies creating this same basic design for their models. 1/8 scale 2 wheel drive buggies. Vattera, and Red Cat both have their versions of the 1/8 2wd buggy out and they look very similar.
    I doubt that what I pictured is what your looking for. But I have to say. This is the best handling 2 wheel drive I have ever built. All the weight is in the center where it belongs and most the dirt flies past the body. Motor and esc stay cool because air can get to them more easily than with the traditional Backslash design.
    1/8 scale 2wd buggies are out there. Just traxxas has not got on board with the concept yet.
    I hate to be one to toot my own horn. But the truck I pictured is awesome. I have been trying to get this basic design for years. Look back at some of my older posts in the nitro section IE Slutsler. This is the truck I have always wanted to end up with. And its has me grinning from ear to ear. And it looks very similar to the Backslash. Just skinnier.
    If you was to look back far enough in my old posts you would see that I wanted a 2 wheel drive Nitro SCT. I was all nitro in those days. So I built the Slutsler. And it was the FIRST Durable and Reliable Nitro SCT using Traxxas Parts to be posted on the Traxxas forums. The problem was the amount of debris that ended up on top of it. So I scrapped the SC idea and went with a revo shell to keep the dirt out. I had to settle for something else.
    Now with this chassis, Even though its Electric. I final have what I have been trying to get for several years.
    This is the Slutsler when it was first created.

This is what the Slutsler became due to all the dirt.

So you can kinda see what I have been chasing if you look in to it. Its always been a Backslash. First with Nitro. Now electric. My last build nailed it. IMO.
    Point to all this rant. You need to look outside of what traxxas offers in chassis designs. Traxxas durability following someone elses design.
    Last edited by Powerman; 01-18-2014 at 09:47 AM.

I dig the chuckworks chassis, and it is pretty much what I described in the post above. You are also right that there are 2wd 1/8 buggies, but the only class close is scb, but that is not the same as a 2wd buggy.

Its just that trx could make a body to fit the new lcg chassis, a sturdy wing setup and some skinny all stars for some ribbed skinny ft tires to go with some 2.8 rusty tires out back. Best of all, the vxl will work very well in it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I dig the chuckworks chassis, and it is pretty much what I described in the post above. You are also right that there are 2wd 1/8 buggies, but the only class close is scb, but that is not the same as a 2wd buggy.

Its just that trx could make a body to fit the new lcg chassis, a sturdy wing setup and some skinny all stars for some ribbed skinny ft tires to go with some 2.8 rusty tires out back. Best of all, the vxl will work very well in it.
    If a few more people would start to build there own then maybe Traxxas will catch on. As in the case of the car I pictured. If you was to look back thru my posting history you would be able to see that's what was done with the Nitro Slash. All the Upgrades that I put in the car above was adopted and incorporated in to the Nitro Slash. Steel Idler gear. Vxl front suspension. 12mm hubs on all 4 corners. 1.5" longer chassis. And IMO Traxxas created one of the best Nitro 2wd SCT's on the market. I did adopt the Nitro Slash fuel tank though once it was released. Thanks for the extra run time traxxas for my 18tm!!
    So if several others was to build what they want and post it often, Traxxas will get the point. They will eventually provide what people want. As is also the case with the Arial models being made. People asked for it in the forums and finally traxxas got the point. Same case as with the LCG chassis. People started making their own and posting them. So after what, several years now they finally make an LCG chassis. Its just a shame it has to look like a traditional 1/8 buggy due to the design of the tub if you make a backslash out of it.
    Once they realize people are using more of their parts than the cars themselves they will get the point.
    BTW, Proline makes ribbed SC tires. They can be the fronts and 2.8's of your choice for the rear. Tires for the concept are available. The wing can be a Revo wing as I am currently using. A wing mount! TBD! HPI wing sets it up to high and looks out of proportion.
    Until traxxas comes up with a shell to cover the new LCG chassis and fit to contour. I will keep modding and making what I want out of there parts. Just so happens that the chuckworks chassis provided exactly what I was looking for in a SCT. And the idea was in mind before seeing the chuckworks. Already had the aluminum in the shop and was ready to start cutting. Spotted the CW and figured why bother. Guy made one for me and did a better job designing it then I did. Plus he gave me a shell that fits to cover his chassis.
    Another thing that needs to go on the Traxxas to do list is a Solid Rear Axle Short Course Truck. That would save me some future planning and development. That's what I want next.

RC Qualifier
    I've been wondering when Traxxas will update the Bandit and/or release a SCB- I'm speculating that the LCG chassis will end up as a production SCB or desert buggy, maybe something like the Vaterra Glamis Uno/Glamis Fear. The narrowness of the front of the chassis increases my specuation. The Bandit has been a slow mover at the LHS I work at part time for years, to the point that it is no longer a stocking item.

RC Competitor
    I'm doing a backslash or as I'm calling it a "Big Buggy" too. I was able to make a narrow set of buggy wheels and tires for it. I ran it today and the front wheels held up real we'll and it turns on a dime! Have a look!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113975946@N07/12144800346/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/113975946@N07/12144533834/

Still need to find a body. Or maybe make mold and vacuum form my own.
    Run it till it sounds expensive!