Hey guys. I'm looking for some advice. I'm a newbie to Traxxas and just bought an E-Maxx Brushless 3908L. Everything I read before I bought the truck talked about harnessing the power of the MM1 esc and 2200kv motor with an 11.1v 3S LiPo. So my "didn't know any better" self went and bought a pair of massive 11.1v 3S 8000mah 35C LiPo packs...only to realize when they were delivered today that there is now way they will fit in my E-Maxx. These LiPo's were 135x42x45.2mm. So I first went to figure out the max size of battery that can fit in my E-Maxx, and it appears that the max size is about 155x44x28mm. Then I went looking for some awesome 11.1v 3S LiPo's and I can't seem to find ANY that will fit in this truck that are better than 25C's. I had read you guys talking about a lot of you using SPC Racing packs, so I was hoping to get their 11.1v 5600mah 60C soft case (164x44.5x26.5mm) or their 11.1v 6500mah 65C hard case (138x46.5x34.5mm), but there is a dimension problem with both of them. Then I had seen video's of some of these trucks using velcro straps for larger packs, but the chassy on this truck doesn't have any gaps for me to get the velcro strap around the bottom of the battery holder.
Thus, I have a few questions:
- Am I an idiot? (Don't answer that)
- Is the max battery size that I calculated at 155x44x28mm accurate? If not, what is the max size?
- Is there a great 11.1v 3S LiPo pack that will fit into this truck as-is? I am hoping for something better than 25C and at least 5000mah.
- Is there a safe modification that I can make to the chassy to allow for velcro straps and a larger LiPo pack? I just want to make sure I'm not going to affect the strength and structural integrity of the chassy if I drill a few holes in it.
- Is there an easy answer that I'm completely overlooking?
Thanks guys. I'm open to any and all recommendations.