RC Qualifier

Traxxas slash 6x6 (:

Was bored yesterday and i had 2 slashes that i barely use now.

I was just messing around, some of the electronics are hanging around too. Had to use 2 controllers because i couldnt find a way to have 2 esc running one receiver, any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Wish I could see it, the pics don't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    We'll looks sweet but don't the summits and emaxxs have dual motors running off of 1 esc the evx2??
    Yes I do have a Traxxas...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i know, but see i was just messing around, one motor is a vxl and the other is the 12t titan brushed haha. Its fun if youre tired with a regular slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    Wish I could see it, the pics don't work?

Try this
    http://s953.photobucket.com/user/Cobiispo/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse738e23d.jpg.html?filters[user]=137470687&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Traxxas needs to make a better way to post pictures

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, looks sick! How does it drive/handle?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, looks sick! How does it drive/handle?

It actually ran faster and I was using 2 of the stock batteries. Turning is hard though because its longer. But other than that its pretty cool. I didnt get stuck anymore when driving though some rocks and dirt

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Traxxas needs to make a better way to post pictures
    They do. Right to the right of the pic on the photobucket page, you will see:

Links to share this photo
    Email & IM
    Direct
    HTML
    IMG

Left click on the link beside IMG, and it will auto copy.
    move to your reply window on the trx forum, rt click and paste that link directly into the post, and here is what you get:
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Could you get some close up pics of how you attached the 2nd trans?

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE
    Could you get some close up pics of how you attached the 2nd trans?[/QUOTE]
    Yes i will, ill post it later though. And thanks for the easier way to post pictures. It would be even easier if theres just a button on here where you just take the picture if youre using something like an iphone.

RC Qualifier
    You can do that if you get the tapatalk app, that's what I have. It works pretty good. Nice build, but wouldn't it technically be a 4x6?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    You can do that if you get the tapatalk app, that's what I have. It works pretty good. Nice build, but wouldn't it technically be a 4x6?
    Haha yeah i guess, and dont you have to pay for the tapatalk ?

RC Champion
    That looks sweet. Need to find a Deuce Body for it. Either that or a Semi Cab. And like someone else said, You need the EVX2 2 motors 1 esc. You have an awesome thing going. You should go ahead and do it right. It will make it a lot easier to drive. I like it!!!
    Last edited by Powerman; 01-16-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Got my boots on. Its getting deep!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    That looks sweet. Need to find a Deuce Body for it. Either that or a Semi Cab. I like it!!!
    Haha thanks. Its actually pretty easy to build, just 4 screws to connect the second trans.

RC Champion
    I can picture how you did it. I wish I just did it first. Wish I had a couple spare trannys. I would be ripping your idea of in a minute. I see a scale sled pull truck in that. EVX2 and 2 titan motors on 3s with badlands would surely do some digging. Not often that someone actually does something different around here. Nice to see someone still has an imagination. Do it up right. You have a cool truck in the works.
    I hope you don't mind. But I am probably going to rip your idea off one day in the near future. I see loads of potential. Hard part will be a shell to cover it. Need an 1/8 Semi Shell.

RC Qualifier
    It's free in the AppStore

RC Qualifier
    It's free in the AppStore
    Yes it is. I love this app, it works great, as I am typing I'm using it right now. It's a must have app.

RC Qualifier
    Yes it is. I love this app, it works great, as I am typing I'm using it right now. It's a must have app.

Theres a free version and theres the pro version. Its $4.00. I downloaded the free version though

RC Qualifier
    I can picture how you did it. I wish I just did it first. Wish I had a couple spare trannys. I would be ripping your idea of in a minute. I see a scale sled pull truck in that. EVX2 and 2 titan motors on 3s with badlands would surely do some digging. Not often that someone actually does something different around here. Nice to see someone still has an imagination. Do it up right. You have a cool truck in the works.
    I hope you don't mind. But I am probably going to rip your idea off one day in the near future. I see loads of potential. Hard part will be a shell to cover it. Need an 1/8 Semi Shell.
    Haha yeah sure man, this is what i actually wanted. I see people with 6x6 summit and stampede, and not one slash. I hope people make better designs and bodies and everything.

RC Qualifier

So for people who want to know. I just removed the bumpers on both trans and fliped over the second trans ( the black one). I then found these plastic things that had 2 screws. ( got them from hpi blitz parts, bur really you can make your own) i connected it where the bumper used to go using the bumper screws. If you reverse the 2nd trans, you have to reverse the turn of the motor( the vxl) simple

Last edited by Cobiispo; 01-16-2014 at 05:32 PM.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

There you go. The only problem was the 2 esc with one receiver thing. Im gonna buy a 'y' splitter so i can use one remote.

RC Qualifier
    To reverse a brushed motor, do you just switch positive to negative?

RC Champion
    Yes. Just switch the leads. I would have joined them differently. But it Works and I know you was just messing around. I would create a aluminum plate to join the 2 trannies together and have a little rigidity. And it would make your tires line up better and still utilize the reverse transmission idea.
    You got ideas a brewing in my head. My wifes not going to be happy. I just got done building a truck.

RC Qualifier
    Yes. Just switch the leads. I would have joined them differently. But it Works and I know you was just messing around. I would create a aluminum plate to join the 2 trannies together and have a little rigidity. And it would make your tires line up better and still utilize the reverse transmission idea.
    You got ideas a brewing in my head. My wifes not going to be happy. I just got done building a truck.
    Yeah I was going to do the aluminum plate but I didn't have tools to drill and stuff. This was easier. The only bad thing is that when you put the vxl motor on the back and you throttle, it's so powerful that it will push up the wheels in front of it. So if you do this, I suggest putting the batteries in the back. Other than that it's awesome. And please build something better than this, I'll be looking forward to it!

you do not want to run 2 brushed motors the opposite directions unless they have adjustable timing. Motors like the titan have advanced timing, and if run in a pair with 1 reversed, 1 will overheat. Now if you ran 2 maxx titans(there is a reverse rotation emaxx motor) with an evx and 4s, it would work quite well. You could also run 2 vxl motors and escs together. I will post a vid of how to do it when I get a chance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    It doesn't show how to connect both to one receiver, that's what I don't get. And how do you post videos?

RC Champion
    Rag6. Man your really fueling the fire now. Brushless!!! Thanks for heads up about the brushed though. BTW Part 2?

RC Qualifier
    Rag6. Man your really fueling the fire now. Brushless!!! Thanks for heads up about the brushed though. BTW Part 2?
    I know, couldn't find a part 2

Its like ragu. Its in there:

This really goes into exactly what you are asking for 8)^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    you do not want to run 2 brushed motors the opposite directions unless they have adjustable timing. Motors like the titan have advanced timing, and if run in a pair with 1 reversed, 1 will overheat. Now if you ran 2 maxx titans(there is a reverse rotation emaxx motor) with an evx and 4s, it would work quite well. You could also run 2 vxl motors and escs together. I will post a vid of how to do it when I get a chance.
    I need to correct myself. The emaxx motors rotate the same direction, its the brushed revo motors that are avail in forward and reverse versions.

And how do you post videos?
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page you are viewing. Below "Quick Reply" is a tool bar. Click on the "Film" icon. its the second from the right. In another window, copy the address of the utube vid, and then post the link into the prompt box in the quick reply post, and it will imbed the video into the post 8)

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks, might post a video

RC Competitor
    Its not a 6x6 because it hasn't drive on all of the 6 wheels
    Dontlift19 is close
    It should be called a 6x4.
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 4WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSlash View Post
    Its not a 6x6 because it hasn't drive on all of the 6 wheels
    Dontlift19 is close
    It should be called a 6x4.
    Yeah we know.