RC poster

Need help! can't tell if it's the motor or the board.

So a friend crashed my alias. not too hard, but it was It was in the snow...I was upset to find that when I took it inside it was not binding to the remote. after calling traxxas and having them help me re connect the quad to the transmitter I found that the alias will no longer fly. all motors seem to be spinning fine. but it immediately flops over one way other. I can trim it but it still will not balance itself. could this be a motor issue? or have some of the electronics kicked the bucket. any help greatly appreciated! I'm gonna call traxxas again tomorrow.

RC poster
    its a motor more then likely.........

RC Racer
    Have you tried calibrating the accelerometer? Look up procedure online from Traxxas. Try that see if it helps..

RC poster

Need help! can't tell if it's the motor or the board.

well I tried resetting the accelerometers, still flopping over. I'm pretty sure it must be the motors.
    seems like the most common problem for everyone. both the front props seem to start spinning but give out after a few seconds now. looks like I will e investing in a good amount if these motors. hopefully they come up with some upgrade along the way. I really love this thing. had flow. it a bunch with a hand full of violent crashes with no real damage at all. one broken gear spur , but that's it. I guess the motors are only gonna last so long.. I'm kinda used to that. I burn thru the motors on my blade qx all the time. thanks for the help
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 01-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Just make sure it is on a flat surface when you arm it, because if its at an angle when u arm it, it takes that as level and will flip over.
    65 mph E-Revo on 6s
    70 mph Stampede on 3s

RC Racer
    Also are you sure you have the props and motors in the right spots?

A props wher A props go and B props where B props go. Same thing for the motors.. There are 2 clockwise and 2 counterclockwise.

RC Qualifier
    Mine did this and I had to do the resets and rebinding a few times and it works now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I have definitely been arming it on the flat ground, and the props are all in the correct spots. I will try resetting it an rebinding it a few more times I guess. can't hurt

RC poster
    sorry for not posting this earlier, after rebinding the alias 3 times it worked fine. I've been having a blast with it. it's even taken some pretty crazy crashes and taken them in complete stride. I'm getting pretty into this thing and I just ordered a camera to get some FPV action.. thanks again for the help y'all.

RC poster
    Hi flyingocti

I got similiar problem and did the reset and rebind 10 times each..

Problem:
    the front probs run fine
    the back wont level correct anymore

explanation:

i did fly nicely from the start indoor, we got it outside, and find a spot with no snow...
    but... the Wind took it for a drift and drop Down in the snow....

after this, i wont level anymore.. everything is dry, but it got alot of snow inside.. :-(

Should i buy a new receiver board og just the back motors? Or is there a trick beyond the reset, and rebind?

Best regard

TopDuck71

RC poster
    Hi Group

Hi

I just got a answer from Traxas, saying that they do not have the "Main Circuit Board (RX/ESC) (Alias)" as a spare part.......
    And i need it so much :-/

They are actually saying i must buy a new Alias, to get the Board! Total Bummer....

/TopDuck
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-05-2014 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    Check online. I have seen them for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDuck71 View Post
    Hi Group

Hi

I just got a answer from Traxas, saying that they do not have the "Main Circuit Board (RX/ESC) (Alias)" as a spare part.......

They are actually saying i must buy a new Alias, to get the Board! Total Bummer....

/TopDuck
    Ebay has them.

RC Enthusiast
    Binding the Alias to the transmitter. instructions in the hand book. Very easy...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDuck71 View Post
    Hi Group

Hi

/TopDuck
    you can use traxxas electronic replacement program.. print the form and ship the board with the 20$ enclosed payment and they will ship you a new one... sending mine out did buy a spare from ebay sending bad one to have a backup