RC Racer

I think I'm giving up on this POS

So rec'd my 2917 dual board today.

Doing my first dual charge of two 6500mHa LiPo's

At the start, Lipo 1 was at the slightly higher than storage charge of 3.84v/3.84v LiPo 2 was bang on the storage charge of 3.80v / 3.80v

Anyway, and there's where my problems lay.. The differences between two batteries

This EZ Peak Plus 6, starts off all well and good ! However as it gets near to the end of whatever battery is nearly charged (as in my case LiPo1, it drastically drops the amperage to around 0.05a

So now 90mins (yep 90 ******* minutes!!!!!!!) into my charge, with LiPo 1 at 4.20v / 4.20v the LiPo 2 is sloooooooooooowly charging at 0.05amps and seems to be taking forever to climb from 4.10v / 4.10v to where it needs to get too (4.20v / 4.20v)

I'm going to leave it charging just for the lols' to see how long it actually REALLY takes to complete a simple two lipo charge. I'm guessing at this rate, 2.5hrs ! What a joke.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc46 View Post
    So rec'd my 2917 dual board today.

Doing my first dual charge of two 6500mHa LiPo's

At the start, Lipo 1 was at the slightly higher than storage charge of 3.84v/3.84v LiPo 2 was bang on the storage charge of 3.80v / 3.80v

Anyway, and there's where my problems lay.. The differences between two batteries

This EZ Peak Plus 6, starts off all well and good ! However as it gets near to the end of whatever battery is nearly charged (as in my case LiPo1, it drastically drops the amperage to around 0.05a

So now 90mins (yep 90 ******* minutes!!!!!!!) into my charge, with LiPo 1 at 4.20v / 4.20v the LiPo 2 is sloooooooooooowly charging at 0.05amps and seems to be taking forever to climb from 4.10v / 4.10v to where it needs to get too (4.20v / 4.20v)

I'm going to leave it charging just for the lols' to see how long it actually REALLY takes to complete a simple two lipo charge. I'm guessing at this rate, 2.5hrs ! What a joke.
    a crazy good charger is this if your looking for a good one. Love it and for the price, how do you beet it.

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...5#.UtSPwLvTnmI

RC Racer
    Another thing I'm just learning that's annoying.

You can't use the 2917 for one battery, so you have to remove the delicate clips and re-attach the single battery balance adapter.

So, unless BOTH your batteries are at exactly the same voltage, before you plug them in, its going to take FOREVER to charge them, thanks to the fact the unit has been designed to drop the amperage down to literally nothing ! as it tries to balance all four cells, towards the end.

If you want to be a little smart, and get one of your two batteries the same voltage as the other battery to keep everything uniform, then you're going to have to disconnect everything, charge / discharge to the same voltage, disconnect EVERYTHING, reconnect everything again, then start the dual charge. Way too much baby sitting.

Not impressed with this setup at all. Wish I'd spent more now on a better charge solution. The EZ Plus 6 is not worth the money. I think I'd of been better off, getting two lesser brand chargers, instead of this EZ Peak and dual balance board.
    Last edited by thedoc46; 01-13-2014 at 08:39 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc46 View Post
    Another thing I'm just learning that's annoying.

You can't use the 2917 for one battery, so you have to remove the delicate clips and re-attach the single battery balance adapter.

So, unless BOTH your batteries are at exactly the same voltage, before you plug them in, its going to take FOREVER to charge them, thanks to the fact the unit has been designed to drop the amperage down to literally nothing ! as it tries to balance all four cells, towards the end.

If you want to be a little smart, and get one of your two batteries the same voltage as the other battery to keep everything uniform, then you're going to have to disconnect everything, charge / discharge to the same voltage, disconnect EVERYTHING, reconnect everything again, then start the dual charge. Way too much baby sitting.

Not impressed with this setup at all. Wish I'd spent more now on a better charge solution. The EZ Plus 6 is not worth the money. I think I'd of been better off, getting two lesser brand chargers, instead of this EZ Peak and dual balance board.
    the cheaper the worse!!!!!

RC Racer
    Had I not spent $30, on the 2917, I could have just put an another $50 on top and bought an additional EZ Peak Plus 6, and have two stations. (which is a lot better than this dual 2917 nonsense)

I'm still only $80 from that. But it still doesn't fix the sloooooooooooooow towards the end trait of the EZ Peak + 6, when it drops its amps to next to nothing, to double up on your charge time.

Either that or sell the lot and start again. For the initial investment of $90, + $25 for the 2917 which is really not that far away from a really decent charging system, i really did expect more.. Wish I spent the additional $30 or so, and done it right.