RC Qualifier

New 4-Tec owner! Need some help...?

Alright guys, I normally stay with electric but took a turn for the grease! Picked up a 4-tec on the bay for $206... It does not come with the EZ-start system though (the wand or battery). I want to have a pull start because I am getting tires of waiting on batteries to charge! Pull start install worth it or just stick with the wand start? It has the EZ-Start installed but only thing the car comes with is remote and car...

What do I need besides fuel?

Here is the item # for eBay: 261372089504
    PM for info.....

RC Racer
    go the pull start a lot less hassle
    I just picked up 1 runner and a roller for $200 local,after a good clean fresh batteries and a new tank it fired after the 2nd pull
    if you are going pull start you will need an ignighter and lots of tires lol

RC Qualifier

New 4-Tec owner! Need some help...?

Thanks, I am thinking of the RC4WD auto start now... What fuel % do you use?

I may just use the EZ-Start until it stops working since I am not trying to spend all my $$$ on my new toy!

Does the car require a battery pack besides the remote and EZ start? Does something have to power the receiver and servos?
    Last edited by Spartanator; 01-13-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    PM for info.....

RC Racer
    I use a custom blend that is meant to very close to trx top fuel just a smidge less oil 15% nitro I tend not to use anything higher in a trx engine and they usually last a while
    depending on what model you have you will either have a rechargeable hump pack in the car or a 4 aa holder you will need a 7.2v for the ez start if equipped and usually 8 aa's for the controller

RC Enthusiast
    I suggest a Ez-Start. It is a lot easier to turn the car on. Battery for the wand is good to charge over night; that's what i do. The battery will not drain if your not using it while running the car. If you have to keep cranking to start the car then that will drain the wand battery.
    Bandit RC Racing
    Methuen, MA 01844

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help guys! My PayPal account had been "restricted" so I can't buy it.... and the seller thinks it's me not wanting it. Not going to lie, have a little shake about going Nitro... My Stepfather does not like RC, mainly because me.... So there would be no way that there could be little nitro fuel in the Garage.... ANyways, myabe one day I will go Nitro but I think Traxxas is on it's last kick with the 4-Tec and other Nitro Models. I they added reverse to more than the Revo 3.3 I might be able to get into it but I am not a fan of "The Walk of Shame" aka: crashed/flipped/stuck....
    PM for info.....