Thread: Tire Choices

RC Qualifier

Question Tire Choices

Howdy all, I'm new to this 1/16 Summit game, and I am needing some suggestions on tires. I have some Pro-Line Trenchers (short course sized) tires in I dunno what compound, but it is relatively soft. But the problem is the foams are too hard to deform over terrain, so the only thing that gives is the tire's meaty tread. I was thinking about getting the stock set for being stock, (I bought this truck used) but there may be a better tire. I like the stock tires for their proportions on the truck, and I think they look the best out of the aftermarket choices. What do you guys think?
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    I was thinking about mashers, but love the look of gmade g airs. cant beat the look. on all of my crawler, love the fact that you can also change pressure
    Well I think the G-airs look great. Last time that I did some tire research at RCPlanet I thought like: Hmm, awesome tire, sold out. Now I noticed they do not even cost a fortune. And I can imagine they do the best job in comforming to the ground. It is big. 136 mm. More torque strain on driveline, less vibrating rounds, don't know wich is worse though..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitfarmer View Post
    Well I think the G-airs look great. Last time that I did some tire research at RCPlanet I thought like: Hmm, awesome tire, sold out. Now I noticed they do not even cost a fortune. And I can imagine they do the best job in comforming to the ground. It is big. 136 mm. More torque strain on driveline, less vibrating rounds, don't know wich is worse though..
    they also have an insane amount of traction