RC Competitor

EZ Peak Plus storing a full battery

Today's bashing session ended before I could use the full charge or the second fully charged battery. I don't plan on running the 'pede for two weeks at least.

I have one full battery and one half charged battery. Question is this: will the STORAGE mode on my EZ Peak Plus bring down the batteries to storage mode or do I have to discharge first, then use the storage mode?
    What doesn't kill u-only serves 2 make u stronger!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Storage mode will either charge or discharge to the proper voltage.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    I was growing concerned as it took well over to hours from full charge.
    What doesn't kill u-only serves 2 make u stronger!

That is normal. The charger does not discharge at a very high rate and is limited to 2 amps for charging in storage mode.

RC Enthusiast
    Storage mode is my major gripe about the EZ-Peak Plus, because it takes so long. Is this typical of all better quality chargers as well or is the EZ-Peak Plus on the slower side of chargers?

My iCharger 206 is capable of charging at up to 20 amps in storage mode and discharging at up to 20 watts without any external method of burning off energy.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    My iCharger 206 is capable of charging at up to 20 amps in storage mode and discharging at up to 20 watts without any external method of burning off energy.
    The EZ-Peak Plus discharges at 10W. So assuming I have a full pack, your charger will discharge twice as fast as the EZ-Peak? Still seems slow. BUT, if the pack was run to LVC, yours will charge up to storage level significantly faster (20 amps v 2 amps).

Most chargers are not that great at discharging... but the iCharger does have the ability to monitor a discharge with an external load (resistors) added in parallel as well as dump your LiPo pack back into a car battery.

The EZPeak+ is at or above the capabilities of other chargers at the price point... The plus is $80ish and the iCharger is $160ish once the power supply is figured in... double the cost.